Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ESPN live channels

New Poster

ESPN live channels

I've been trying to enjoy ESPN this week and a good deal of their coverage is based on the Olypmics. Even shows like Pardon the Interruption and Around the Horn. I find it a little ridiculous that this coverage is blocked. Anytime video from the Olympics should play on these shows, it says "Video Unavailable" and the screen is blurred, although you can see the outline of the show in the blurring.

For what we pay for cable and internet and the amount of ads in most of the shows, especially online, I find this unacceptable. I realize that this is not going to get fixed as it's most likely based on the contract NBC has to air the Olympics. However, I'm deeply disappointed with this.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: ESPN live channels

TheDozarian wrote:

I've been trying to enjoy ESPN this week and a good deal of their coverage is based on the Olypmics. Even shows like Pardon the Interruption and Around the Horn. I find it a little ridiculous that this coverage is blocked. Anytime video from the Olympics should play on these shows, it says "Video Unavailable" and the screen is blurred, although you can see the outline of the show in the blurring.

For what we pay for cable and internet and the amount of ads in most of the shows, especially online, I find this unacceptable. I realize that this is not going to get fixed as it's most likely based on the contract NBC has to air the Olympics. However, I'm deeply disappointed with this.

ESPN manages the programming content that is available for viewing in their live stream on XFINITYTV and WatchESPN, and they may not have made all Olympics coverage available.  For live streaming or highlights of Olympics coverage, please sign in to www.xfinity.com/nbcolympics.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation