members

online now

discussions

ERROR: The Americans (FX) Season 5 Episode 5

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 7

Hello.

A recent episode of the television program The Americans is listed for play but will not run on the tv.xfinity.com web service. It locks up on an error message and will not continue on to the content. Episode 5 "Lotus 1-2-3" returns the following error when I try to play it:

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming Lotus 1-2-3.

(Error 7510.10: Error retrieving MPX URL)

https://tv.xfinity.com/entity/4825745296956617112

Hopefully you can track down why it fails to play and get it able to play if possible.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 7

Nix1 wrote:

Hello.

A recent episode of the television program The Americans is listed for play but will not run on the tv.xfinity.com web service. It locks up on an error message and will not continue on to the content. Episode 5 "Lotus 1-2-3" returns the following error when I try to play it:

This Video Cannot Be Played

We've run into a problem while streaming Lotus 1-2-3.

(Error 7510.10: Error retrieving MPX URL)

https://tv.xfinity.com/entity/4825745296956617112

Hopefully you can track down why it fails to play and get it able to play if possible.

Thank you!

Thanks for reporting this and sorry it isn't working.  I don't have my laptop to test but am able to get this episode to play via the iOS mobile app (xfinity.com/apps).  

Quick question... are you in your home while trying to watch or off your home XFINITY network?  I ask because there are typically 2 or more versions of each show (in-home HD and SD versions and "TV Go" version which you can watch off your home network).  Until the content team can get this fixed, you may want to check if any of these other versions are available. 

In Settings (looks like a gear icon) you can turn off "Choose Best Option to Watch" which will then display a list of the various versions of the episode if others are available.  Once done, you may want to turn this feature back on - nice because it auto-tunes to HD and doesn't give you all these choices which are usually meaningless.

Hope this helps a bit and sorry again,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 7

I am at home, yes. The error is happening on the https://tv.xfinity.com website version of Xfinity on my PC through the web browser interface -- I have not tried a mobile app yet (and if I can get some time in the family room I will check to see if it is working OnDemand, which it likely is since you were able to load it on your app.) I did get a Flash error message today (big red "no Flash" error message on https://tv.xfinity.com,) so it could be that, although Episode 6 of the same show works fine, as do other programs on the website. 

I do not get the Settings/Gear icon for this video episode; it crashes before it can run an ad or launch the player window. 

Attached is the diagnostics info as well as a screengrab of the error message.

Build number
OS
Windows 10
Browser
Chrome 57.0.2987.133
Flash version
Status
away from home
Entitlements
tve-vod, tve-linear, est
Last fingerprint
cloudtv_web_polymer_0_prod_1494135513320_24749
Stream provider
primetime
Video ID
1lPQEiZhwKM6___tj3ujhiusQlpaKGtP
Media ID
comcast:tve:vod:guid:1lPQEiZhwKM6___tj3ujhiusQlpaKGtP
Stream ID
a9aA_W_xmQN3
Error code
Error description
Error retrieving MPX URL
Error aux info
http://link.theplatform.com/s/P_bgCC/a9aA_W_xmQN3?format=redirect
Video Provider
FX
Video Source
TveVideo
Video Title
Lotus 1-2-3

I'll try some other things -- if it's broken on my computer only then I can't expect you to fix it, but if it's broken for others then hopefully we can find a way to fix it. Thanks!
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 7

Same issue here...can't view on mobile or web...total bummer. Get it together comcast!!

Was able to view via fxnetworks.com, still have to login with xfinity info to gain access.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 5 of 7
I have the same issue!!!!
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 6 of 7

Hello All, can you please try watching this content by going through our app to see if you get the same error? Also can you please try using a different browser other than the one you are currently using and let me know if that fixes your issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 7

I am away from home and all my recordings will not play and I get the same error message. I am on an Apple laptop and it was working up till this morning