New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ERROR 11700 = Do NOT contact phone support

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

ERROR 11700 = Do NOT contact phone support

I received the following error message after reconfiguring my laptop and trying to connect again to XfinityTV through my laptop -

Something's not right here

We are having trouble adding this device to your account.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 11700.

(Error xacsa.provision.11700: Error)

The most maddening and frustrating part is after 2 calls, being given two different phone numbers, being disconnected once and speaking to approximately 7 different representatives - only one was able to even direct me to the "Manage my devices" area (to find it errantly shows 0 devices). Even had one rep ask what brand my laptop was - I about went through the phone. I was previously able to access Xfinity TV online - the Brand of the laptop is NOT the issue.  Tried Chat - did receive a call with voice mail today that my issue was "fixed" but if I was still having an issue to call back.

So any suggestions to get a tech to remove the devices on my account so I can add the ones that are needed would be greatly appreciated.

I'm about 1 more call away from switching to iTV3.
Accepted Solution

Re: ERROR 11700 = Do NOT contact phone support

See this post about sending a message to a Comcast employee who will clear up your issue. Might be better than dealing with incompetent phone support.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

See this post about sending a message to a Comcast employee who will clear up your issue. Might be better than dealing with incompetent phone support.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you - I'll give it a shot. What have I got to lose? Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Up and running now - ComcastElena is an asset to Comcast!!!

Regular Contributor

hmmm .."they" must be counting up the # of device names used (different ones) since the beginning of using this new "app" and saving the total .. interesting ...

New Poster

My experience with the Comcast online Chat support person was excellent.  They used a tool called "X-ray" to deprovision all of those erroneous devices that were producing the dreaded 11700 error and allowed me to login to XfinityTV using my laptop browser in a matter of a few minutes.  Hope this helps!

New Poster

Well, its been over a week.  I've reached out on forum., ive called comcast numerous times.  was told they elevated my problem that i would get a call back.  hasn't happened yet.  Error 11700.  Too many devices on my account, account limit exceeded.  Explained it to a phone tech.  no response.  call back.  no call back.  no tv for a week.  How depressing.  switch to Verizon, direct tv.  I am tired of the lousey service and talking to people who don't know anything.  What a waste of time.  I pay to much money for this service and get no service.

New Poster

Resolved in seconds with deprovisioning. Call 888-824-8988!! I too called all week with no help or callbacks. Happy Xfinity customer again. Well as happy as one can be paying a ridiculous amount for cable and internet.
New Poster

Call the escalation line at 8888248988.   They will know what you are talking about.  Let them know your device has been re-registered over 40 times and is causing the error.   Make sure they understand that this is for the Live TV.

New Poster

Thank you for this information.  I was having the same problem, called the number you provided and it was corrected in minutes.  I wish there were more support people like the one I reached - she was WONDERFUL!