New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Downton Abbey seasons and episodes

Contributor

Downton Abbey seasons and episodes

Hello again Joe,

This morning I was planning to start watching Downton Abbey. As a few well educated friends can't seem to get enough of it, and I've never watched ANY of it.

However as is the absolute NORM for Xfinity. This show's listing is in EXTREME termoil! This site claims the show is in it's 42nd season! Which is completely wrong! This show's very first episode was aired on SEPTEMBER 26th 2010. Season 1 has a whopping 7 episodes and season 2 has an unimpressive 9 episodes. So, for a show that has 16 episodes total. I'm somehow doubting the whole 42 seasons bologna.

Now it gets even worse. It's not JUST that you claim it's a 42 season show, and thus list the entire series's two seasons wrong. Your site ALSO has 4 episodes listed in seasons 38 (1),39(2),40(1). Which means these 4 episodes are not even in the correct order. All four of those episodes should be listed somewhere in the ONLY two seasons this show ever had.

Just another show I have to use OTHER sites to watch, or risk seeing it out of order, or missing details.

BTW this show is also on HULU Plus. THEY however have it in the correct order, with the correct numbered and listed 2 seasons. As well as NOT having 4 episodes displaced from their proper order. (They do a lot better with my $8 then Comcast does with my $130).

Time to can the poster (or hire a new one).

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Downton Abbey seasons and episodes

Vancefish wrote:

Hello again Joe,

This morning I was planning to start watching Downton Abbey. As a few well educated friends can't seem to get enough of it, and I've never watched ANY of it.

However as is the absolute NORM for Xfinity. This show's listing is in EXTREME termoil! This site claims the show is in it's 42nd season! Which is completely wrong! This show's very first episode was aired on SEPTEMBER 26th 2010. Season 1 has a whopping 7 episodes and season 2 has an unimpressive 9 episodes. So, for a show that has 16 episodes total. I'm somehow doubting the whole 42 seasons bologna.

Now it gets even worse. It's not JUST that you claim it's a 42 season show, and thus list the entire series's two seasons wrong. Your site ALSO has 4 episodes listed in seasons 38 (1),39(2),40(1). Which means these 4 episodes are not even in the correct order. All four of those episodes should be listed somewhere in the ONLY two seasons this show ever had.

Just another show I have to use OTHER sites to watch, or risk seeing it out of order, or missing details.

BTW this show is also on HULU Plus. THEY however have it in the correct order, with the correct numbered and listed 2 seasons. As well as NOT having 4 episodes displaced from their proper order. (They do a lot better with my $8 then Comcast does with my $130).

Time to can the poster (or hire a new one).

The show is part of the Masterpiece Classic anthology which is currently in Season 43 (Season 3 of Downtown Abbey). Seasons 41 & 42 (Seasons 1 and 2 of Downtown Abbey) are currently available with a  Streampix subscription.

PBS does not make the current season of Downtown Abbey available online, however it is available On Demand on your television day after air.

If you search the listing on XFINITY.com/tv or see it on your TV grid, it will be titled "Masterpiece".

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation