Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Downloading DVR Recordings using Xfinity TV app is hit or miss

New Poster

Downloading DVR Recordings using Xfinity TV app is hit or miss

Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.  I only have 2 devices registered, and really only download using one, so I haven't hit any type of limits.

Constantly have to hit retry, but keeps saying "An unknown error occurred during this request.  Please try again.".  It does this either after saying "Acquiring offline license" or "Downloading Playlist".  It is VERY frustrating, and one of the reasons I switched from Verizon!  Some shows simply won't download.  I sometimes can get 1 or 2 on there, then no more.

PLEASE FIX!

I am using Nexus 7 tablet, Version 4.4.4.  I am sitting right next to router, so no weak signal.

Regular Visitor

Re: Downloading DVR Recordings using Xfinity TV app is hit or miss

Have you solved this problem yet? 

I'm having the same issue on multiple Android devices (HTC Phone Android 4.0.3, NOOK HD+ Android 4.4.4, Nook HD Android 3.2 and Samsung Note 10 Android 4.2).  So far I have had a tech out and multiple phone calls with tier 1 and tier 2 service people - NO LUCK.  I understand that the official Comcast position is no support for Nook devices, but that does not explain the HTC Phone or the Samsung device. 

I addition, the DVR recording list is "out of sync" with the X1 Box (or cloud).  There are recordings on the X1 DVR which are not shown on ANY of my devices.  They do show up online when using a web browser.

New Poster

Re: Downloading DVR Recordings using Xfinity TV app is hit or miss

Same problem here.  When is Comcast going to fix this?  Paying a lot of money for a service they're not providing or even fixing judging by the number of people who have posted about this problem.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation