New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Dexter Seasons 1-6 MIssing

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Dexter Seasons 1-6 MIssing

I recently started watching Dexter online.  I got through season 2 and a few episodes in season 3.  When I went to watch an episode tonight, season 1-6 are not longer available.  Are they going to be placed back online or gone permanently ?

Accepted Solution

Re: Dexter Seasons 1-6 MIssing

Hi all,

Our content is provided under licensing rules that can limit the amount of time we can offer a video on the site.

Dexter Seasons 1-6 and Homeland Season 1 have expired.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

I have the same question.. What happened to all the previous seasons? You are advertising watch all seasons and all episodes..

Official Employee

Hi all,

Our content is provided under licensing rules that can limit the amount of time we can offer a video on the site.

Dexter Seasons 1-6 and Homeland Season 1 have expired.

Sorry,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Where did Dexter go?

Where did all the content go? use to be able to watch all seasons of almost anything now it's only inseason?

Dexter yesterday had all seasons now it's only showing season 7? I'm right in the middle of season 3

New Poster

I was on season 3 also. Will it come back or is it gone for good?

New Poster

Dexter is Gone!!!!

Where is Dexter seasons 1-6!!!!!!!It was here last night and now it is gone!

Official Employee

Re: Dexter is Gone!!!!

I also want to point out that we have added expiration dates to each video.

Season 7 episodes will expire on 1/15/13.

dex.png

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Dexter is Gone!!!!

due to license agreements shows come and go at will.   do not try to use on demand like a dvr as you can see its not meant for that.  Most of the time only the current season of a show is on demand.   Have you checked your computer or tablet for the other seasons.?    If showtime left all episodes on demand all the time why would anyone but the dvd's

New Poster

Re: Latest episodes of homeland and dexter not showing up online

It seems as if the whole first season of Homeland has disappeared (as I was watching it.) I'm watching it on the xfinity.tv website on my PC. Is it gone for good?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Latest episodes of homeland and dexter not showing up online

shows come on and come off and back on all the time.  

New Poster

Homeland Season 1?

Over the past two days, episodes from season 1 of Homeland have been disappearing from the mobile app. Now I can only see season 2. What's going on?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Homeland Season 1?

its a licensing issue, the episodes cannot stay on demand forever they have expirations.  

New Poster

This is terrible, we pay good $$ for a subscription to you, Xfinity and you should pay Showtime for the licences to run these shows. You have cut off subscribers in mid seasion with ownly option is to wait or buy dvd. What a racket, how much did Showtime pay you to pull it to sell dvd's. WOW, I am cancelling....Homeland is probably not coming back for 2 yrs so......later!

Silver Problem Solver

this is a user to user forum.  Networks like showtime dictate when and for how long a show will be shown on demand, comcast has nothing to do with it.  If you don't like it complain to the network.  Think about it this way.  Why would comcast want you to have all seasons, you would never rent a dvr.  Why would the network leave it up all the time, you would never buy a dvd.   Comcast rents dvr's for a reason.  I have said it before and Ill say it again.   If you try to use on demand like a dvr to not pay for it you will be disappointed.   

Every provider wherever you go  ATT, fios, dish all have license agreements with the networks just like comcast, its not unique to them.    Your money you pay is for the channel itself and for its programming it has nothing to do with on demand. 

ON demand usually shows the current season only, you will see all dexter season 7 shows are up there, they will only be there until the first week of january then they are gone also. 

New Poster

Well it is still unfair considering xfinity STILL hasn't partnered with ShowtimeAnytime yet...

New Poster

Really because HBOgo, cinemaxgo, and Showtime anytime seem to have all of the complete seasons of their shows. This is a Comcast issue alone they need to partner up with Showtime anytime soon.
New Poster

Re: Missing Episodes of Dexter

This issue has occured again, Dexter seasons 1-6 are missing many episodes.  It would be great if these episodes were put back up!

New Poster

I see you put season 1-6 back on for a limited time.

Thanks

New Poster

Are you able to see all the episodes? I still can only see random ones with many missing from seasons 1-6.