Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Deleted recordings clogging up my saved recordings

Regular Contributor

Deleted recordings clogging up my saved recordings

I went to watch my X1 recording on my laptop, and when I went to the saved recordings, there were a bunch of recordings there I deleted back in October, and it was 97% full. I began deleting them, which is very time consuming since it takes four clicks - record options-delete-confirm-dismiss. l had this happen once before, and wasted a lot of time then deleting them. They don't show up on my TV, so it must be a problem with the web site and not the DVR. It seems the problems with the web site just never end.

Official Employee

Re: Deleted recordings clogging up my saved recordings

swanda wrote:

I went to watch my X1 recording on my laptop, and when I went to the saved recordings, there were a bunch of recordings there I deleted back in October, and it was 97% full. I began deleting them, which is very time consuming since it takes four clicks - record options-delete-confirm-dismiss. l had this happen once before, and wasted a lot of time then deleting them. They don't show up on my TV, so it must be a problem with the web site and not the DVR. It seems the problems with the web site just never end.

I'm sorry for the frustration. Cloud DVR recordings are entirely separate from the recordings on your physical DVR. They should be deleted on all platforms when you remove them, regardless of from where you delete them. This is certainly an issue on Comcast's side but not with the website itself - rather the Cloud DVR infrastructure. I know that team is putting more safeguards in place so hopefully this problem goes down over time. Again, sorry for the frustration. 

I'm on my iPad so can't confirm, but I believe there should be an "X" on each row in "Recordings" (on the right hand side) which will speed up your ability to delete. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation