Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Delay in playback of Recorded DVR programs

New Poster

Delay in playback of Recorded DVR programs

Is it a wide spread issue that when you record TV series such as CBS network shows, as soon as the show ends my program that I recorded also dissapears until it is relisted as on-demand content. So for example if I record a show at 7pm I go to try and watch it at 8:30 it is not there and will not show up until the next morning when the show populates as available to watch "Ondemand" Is this a local issue or system issue? Thanks!

Service Expert

Re: Delay in playback of Recorded DVR programs

kobl0019 wrote:

Is it a wide spread issue that when you record TV series such as CBS network shows, as soon as the show ends my program that I recorded also dissapears until it is relisted as on-demand content. So for example if I record a show at 7pm I go to try and watch it at 8:30 it is not there and will not show up until the next morning when the show populates as available to watch "Ondemand" Is this a local issue or system issue? Thanks!

It is just the way the system works.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

kobl0019 wrote:

It is just the way the system works.

Are you sure? DVR'ed recordings should be available to stream shortly after starting if on your home network and after completed once recording is completed.

Can I stream an in-progress or completed recording to my mobile device or computer while in my home?
Yes, you can stream an in-progress recording while connected to your in-home XFINITY network. Within a few seconds of the recording start time, the portion of the program that has been recorded will be available for playback.

Can I stream an in-progress or completed recording to my device while I am out of my home?
In-progress DVR recordings cannot be streamed outside of your home, but completed recordings can be streamed to a mobile device via the XFINITY Stream app or XFINITY Stream portal (tv.xfinity.com) anywhere, anytime.

Source:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-recording-playback-faqs/

Service Expert

I assumed we were referring to the Stream Website.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

I assumed we were referring to the Stream Website.

Is there a difference? The beginning of the FAQ page states:

These features allow you to stream live TV, On Demand content or in-progress DVR recordings from the cloud to a mobile device or computer while in your home. Completed DVR recordings can be streamed and downloaded to a mobile device through any mobile or Wi-Fi network via the XFINITY Stream app, or streamed via the XFINITY Stream portal (tv.xfinity.com).

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation