Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

De-register Device issues

New Poster

De-register Device issues

My recently downloded the TV Go app on my Kindle fire and it worked fine for about a week then I got an error saying too many devices were registered. I used the link given in another post to go to my site to de-register deivces and tried going into the device I want to deregister's settings to deregister but both locations say I have no devices registrered. How do I unregister a deivce if my account is showing I have non registered yet I am getting too many devices registered error? 

Official Employee

Re: De-register Device issues

SLK6418 wrote:

My recently downloded the TV Go app on my Kindle fire and it worked fine for about a week then I got an error saying too many devices were registered. I used the link given in another post to go to my site to de-register deivces and tried going into the device I want to deregister's settings to deregister but both locations say I have no devices registrered. How do I unregister a deivce if my account is showing I have non registered yet I am getting too many devices registered error? 

Please use this url: https://device.comcast.net/devices 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Problem Solver

New Poster

i am having the same problem this is a new issue started 2 days ago for me  ive been using the app since october neither of the replies helped it still says i have no devices registered

Regular Contributor

Hi everyone...

Chad just pinged me on this and brought this thread to my attention. Most of our content agreements put restrictions on how many devices over a 30 day period can be registered. This may include the SAME device that gets re-registered. 

In any event, we have a process to fix this on the backend. Alternately (and easier) is if this link works for you:

xfinitytv.comcast.net/rh

You will need to be logged in to our site for that link to work (it has to pull your account data). 

I posted this in another thread as well, but if you scroll to the bottom you will see all your devices that have been registered. What you can't see is which app they were registered for so that is why some of your devices may show up multiple times. 

There is no harm in simply clicking "remove" next to the various devices.

**Please note**

This will log you out and deprovision you from those apps so if you have any downloads in either CloudTV or TV Go, they will disappear and will need to be downloaded again. You may also see an error saying "unable to remove device" but if you refresh the page the device should be removed. 

If this fails, please let me know and  we can get this corrected for you. We will also work with our CARE team to insure they have a play for this if you should call in or chat with one of our agents.

Thanks for reading through this long response, hope this was helpful.

Matt

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I went and tried to remove the devices from the account and it says removal faild please try again
New Poster

I, too, am having trouble de-registering.  I follow the link for device management at https://device.comcast.net/devices and I see my 3 devices registered, but I see no way to remove a device.  I can't go to the device and deregister because the one I want to deregister is dead.  what to do?

New Poster

Please ignore my post.  I was not lgged in under the primary account.  once I did that, I had the "remove" option.  thanks

johnnyr6 wrote:

I, too, am having trouble de-registering.  I follow the link for device management at https://device.comcast.net/devices and I see my 3 devices registered, but I see no way to remove a device.  I can't go to the device and deregister because the one I want to deregister is dead.  what to do?

Frequent Visitor

This is great to know how to deregister a device. But, what about a case where the TV Go app was installed, then Uninstalled, then reinstalled, and the reinstall does not re-register the device? There does not appear to be any way to register the device from the Web site.