New to the Community? Start here.
iPad 3, iOS 6, Xfinity App returning a "Data Unavailable" error.
I see that users have experienced this from time to time.
I cleared the cache in Safari. I assume that Safari is what is being referred to when being asked to clear cache.
I have the Clear Data option set in the app.
I have deleted and reinstalled the app.
I have restarted the iPad.
I have signed out and signed back in.
I set the Channel Lineup to my local area.
I keep getting the Data Unavailable, though, for TV Listings.
The app is working fine on my iPhone 5 with iOS 6.
I am receiving this same "data unavailable" message when I try to use the app to check listings or record shows, and I see no listing information. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPad running iOS 6, but I get the same message, and am now unable to see the channel lineup or any listing information.
i understand that this is a known issue, but according to official comments in the App Store, this has been known since the beginning of October. Is there an estimated time that this will be resolved? I found this to be a very useful app prior to this issue, and I am now very disappointed that it is lacking its previous functionality.
I was having the same problem, but found that the tv listings lineup was flaky after the last update. For me, I fixed it by going into the app settings and reslecting the TV Channel lineup by entering the zip code. This worked on both my iPad and iPhone.
Hope that helps,
I tried entering my zip and recieved an "unknown error occured, please try again" message. I recieved this message repeatedly over a couple of days of trying.
If you haven't already, do a cold boot of the device. (Hold power button until you see "swipe to power off", then swipe it to turn it off. Give it a 20 second count or so, then turn it back on)
After the cold boot/power off, make sure it has a data connection and rertry to enter the zip code info.
I did try that several times (including reinstalling the app). But I think that I figured out what I had to do.
1) deauthorize remote capabilities on the set-top device (menu - settings - remote)
2) reset the device for remote DVR.
3) reconfigure via comcast.net/mydvr
Wait 24 hours for the settings to take.
After that I was able to put in my zip code. It was either that or Comcast fixed something overnight.