Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR

New Poster

DVR

Our DVR is not working. Ref code: S0a00  and message DVR is currently disabled.  What do I need to do to get our tv to work?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR

That code means you have a poor signal. Did it ever work?

Check the connections, or call for service.

Gold Problem Solver

dpcham1 wrote: Our DVR is not working. Ref code:S0a00  and message DVR is currently disabled. ...

Just in case you found Barbie's answer too short, here's one that's too long:

"One Moment Please, Available Shortly, Ref code S0a00" and similar messages are generated by the cable box when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or too noisy. This might be because of a problem at Comcast (check https://customer.xfinity.com/Secure/MyServices/, 1-800-Comcast voice response, or the "My Account" app) or a bad box, but is most likely due to a poor connection between the box and Comcast's network.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors and looking for damaged coax cable. Running the cable through a surge protector, a defective splitter, or too many splitters can cause signal problems as well. If there is an amplifier in the line make sure it's getting power. You might also try unplugging the cable box/DVR/digital adapter power cord for a minute or so.

The "DVR disabled" message might also be due to a signal problem, or it may have some other cause.

If you can't find the problem, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using one of the "Trouble" options at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem during the phone call, insist that they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (http://www.xfinity.com/spp/, about $5/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

For additional information please see Pixelation, video and audio dropouts, One Moment Please S0a00 messages.

Official Employee

Hi dpcham1, sorry for the late response, if you are still having issues after BruceW's step's and want a technician scheduled please let me know and I can assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation