New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR web control issues

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

DVR web control issues

I copied this from a previous message because I am having this exact problem. I have spent a good deal of time trying to get this fixed via chat with no help. Short of a new box is there any suggestions?

When I go to

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes

Under TV Control, I have the message "TV Control is not available for this cable box. Why?" When I click on the link Why, http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/setting-up-the-cable-tv-app/

I have two Cisco RNG200N boxes and a three HD boxes all work except except one is listed with the above message.

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR web control issues

So, after getting upset the next night my box reset around the time I was supposed to recieve my call from the tier 2 support and the DVR manager started workig for all my DVRs. In the end I never got a call but, they did fix it. I assume what they did was remove the non working DVR from my equipment list and had it reinitialize itself.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

comcast most likely has that one box that does not work wrong on your account..  Chat is useless, hopefully comcast joe can help you tomorrow. 

have you gone to the box that does not work and go to the box menu  and to remote access set up?   In there you can delete the set up for that box and redo it.

Do the ohter functions for the app work just not changing the channel?

Frequent Visitor

This is on the box? I am not seeing anywhere that says remote access setup.

Thanks

Silver Problem Solver

if you press menu on your remote and go to box set up and dont see remote access set up that means the box is not set up from comcast.  comcast most likely has that box set up on your account incorrectly.

Frequent Visitor

If someone from Comcast responds to these issues, please help! I have spent a great deal of time onthis issue and have been patient until tonight.

Tonight I discovered my second support ticket had been closed without ever reaching me and I was disconnected when I was transferred for help. I then got a guy who had no clue about my issue and told me my boxes are not compatible with the online DVR manager. I know this is not true because one of my DVRs works perfectly with DVR manager online. Then I was given a line as to why it is my fault that all my tickets being closed because I was not available for two attempts they make to reach customers. In one case I tried answering but, they call with a recording that has menu options that never worked even though I pressed my response repeatedly.

I am very frustrated now and would just liike my DVR to work correctly.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

So, after getting upset the next night my box reset around the time I was supposed to recieve my call from the tier 2 support and the DVR manager started workig for all my DVRs. In the end I never got a call but, they did fix it. I assume what they did was remove the non working DVR from my equipment list and had it reinitialize itself.

Regular Contributor

Patience grasshopper, technology is a fickle witch sometimes.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation