Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR syncing

Contributor

DVR syncing

I am on week 2 and cable box 2 of dealing with this issue.  I now have a new Motorola box...and, after many issues, I finally got it set up...BUT still no DVR syncing.  I can program from the TV with no problems...I set up the new box Tuesday evening, but I had to reprogram that Wednesay morning.   I get the syncing message but no spinning wheel there.  Does it take longer than 24 hours?  I have cleaned out the computer cache, etc, but I am wondering what to do now...

Thanks,

Susan

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR syncing

stvr wrote:

I am on week 2 and cable box 2 of dealing with this issue.  I now have a new Motorola box...and, after many issues, I finally got it set up...BUT still no DVR syncing.  I can program from the TV with no problems...I set up the new box Tuesday evening, but I had to reprogram that Wednesay morning.   I get the syncing message but no spinning wheel there.  Does it take longer than 24 hours?  I have cleaned out the computer cache, etc, but I am wondering what to do now...

Thanks,

Susan

It can take about 24 hours to fully sync. Please update me tonight if it is working or not.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Thanks...will do...

Contributor

This is the message that I get if I try to set up a recording from the computer...

There was a problem with your request to                                                    record.                                                                                               

Please try again later.

And the traditional message...

You're now ready to schedule DVR recordings from anywhere. (but not really)Introducing DVR Manager - a convenient way to schedule your Comcast DVR recordings from anywhere you have Internet access with a computer.

Welcome to DVR Manager

Syncing in Process

DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR. 

Contributor

And same problems this morning...still not syncing...

Susan

Official Employee

stvr wrote:

And same problems this morning...still not syncing...

Susan

Thank you.

Our team is looking into your issue and I will update you when I have more information.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thanks...by the way, I have tried the unplug routine also...

Susan

Contributor

Any updates?  This is going into week 3 with this problem now...I have never had this much trouble with a Comcast service in all the years we have had them...before I got the brand new box on Tuesday, I went through several chat sessions, phone sessions, level 2 sessions...and then they said it was resolved when it wasn't...and even after getting the new box, I had to reprogram the box because that got screwed up in activation...

So, it is frustrating...

Thanks!

Susan

Contributor

OK...starting week 3 with this issue...any advice???? 

Thanks!

Susan

Official Employee

stvr wrote:

OK...starting week 3 with this issue...any advice???? 

Thanks!

Susan

Did anyone on our team reach out to you on 8/12 about maybe replacing your cable box?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Over the weekend, I chatted with someone who said it is at Level 2...I have a brand new box..never used...this is not the box...it is something in the handshake between computer-DVR link...

Thanks!

Susan

Contributor

Still no luck, but under the manage devices I am getting a spinning circle under default DVR...does that mean anything?  Working on it?  The code also changed on the TV DVR setup...whatever that means...it had an expiration of 8/12 now it says 8/18...

I had to laugh that this morning the homepage has a feature on programming your DVR online...

Susan

Contributor

Spinning circle went away, but still no ability to set a recording...

Contributor

Should I call Comcast again?  This is the first in all the years of Comcast that I have had this much trouble getting something resolved...last tech said exchange the box...I do not want to do that...this is a brand new box...it is not the box...there is something somewhere in the depths of Comcast that needs to be fixed...am I the only one with this issue?????

Official Employee

stvr wrote:

Should I call Comcast again?  This is the first in all the years of Comcast that I have had this much trouble getting something resolved...last tech said exchange the box...I do not want to do that...this is a brand new box...it is not the box...there is something somewhere in the depths of Comcast that needs to be fixed...am I the only one with this issue?????

We are still working on it but did someone from our team reach out to you yesterday afternoon by phone? If you were not available, please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

No one called...no messages...

Contributor

OK...today I did get a message...BUT...it was about my internet connection...that they ran a test...sent 50 somethings out...got 50 somethings back...still no DVR syncing!!!!!!!!!!!  I tried to call the number, but after 20 minutes on hold (it is 10:22 PM), I gave up.  The message said nothing about DVR issues!!!!  Again...HELP!

Susan 

Contributor

Had a tech call me this afternoon...still working on it...she said she would call back tomorrow...we are resetting the box again...patience and perseverance...

Susan

Contributor

Another day...and still no syncing...sigh...

Contributor

No luck at Level 2...going up to the next level whatever that is...but, should it be this difficult to solve?  Or, I am going to be stuck in sync infinity?

Contributor

This is getting crazier!!!!!!!  Had a message yesterday from someone with an accent that was very difficult to understand, but he seemed to think there was no signal from my cable box!  Yikes!  Then, I call, and try to tell them it is not the box...it is this stupid syncing...heading into week 4 with this soon!!!  How can it be this complicated???????????

Contributor

I keep talking with tech reps...but still no syncing...just s-i-n-k-i-n-g...why is this so difficult to solve??????

Contributor

Spoke with another tech this afternoon...but...still no syncing...and so it goes on and on and on....

Contributor

And on and on...

Contributor

Every day I talk to a tech rep...every day we go over the same thing...over and over...and still no syncing...why is this soooooooooo difficult to solve??????????

Contributor

Well, no one called me yesterday...I had been getting a daily call...perhaps it is finally "sinking" in that doing the same thing over and over does not work for "syncing".

Contributor

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Visitor

I'm in my second week of this in MA.  Got a call from a Level 2 tech who told me box was not updating.  Sent a truck next day.  Tech said if box not updating the Guide would not populate.  he was able to get the name of the TV to display from my IPad so the communication is there.  I'm now in my 30th minute of waiting for phone tech support after giving up earlier today.  I know this has to do with a registration problem @ Comcast.  None of the techs that you call (if you ever get through) has a clue as to what the problem is.  Yesterday, the first words from the mobile tech were "What's the problem?"  Is it too much to hope that he might have some idea why he's been sent? 

No mystery why Comcast is one of the most hated companies in the country. We have FIOS in the next town, but it stopped there.  Time to look into satellite.

'

New Poster

I have the very same issues and nobody has been able to fix it. What was your solution?

Seems hard to believe that many other peolple have this issue and everyone at comcast doesn't know the fix.

Frustrated!

Contributor

I am trying to remember how my issue was finally resolved...I think there are levels of technicians...you have to ask for a supervisor...and call during the week...not on the weekend...it was a nightmare though...I ended up with all these help ticket numbers...finally...poof!  it all worked...one would think they would have issues in the memory bank...

Frequent Visitor

Finally fixed in about one minute.  Level 2 tech refreshed my account which I've had done before when I had this problem.  Funny thing is that I'm not sure she eeven knew that it was fixed.  She asked me what message I had been seeing and when I clicked on My DVR, it was working.

Amazing that the Level 1 techs don't have a simple script that instructs them to send any "DVR still syncing" problem to a Level 2 tech who then should have a script that says "Refresh Account".  My first alleged Level 2 tech told me that the box was defective and sent out a truck, so they don't all know how to fix this.

Official Employee

JamesBond2013 wrote:

I have the very same issues and nobody has been able to fix it. What was your solution?

Seems hard to believe that many other peolple have this issue and everyone at comcast doesn't know the fix.

Frustrated!

A ticket was opened for you on 3/2/13 and someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation