Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR switching control does not work in Internet Explorer 9/10, works ok in Chrome

New Poster

DVR switching control does not work in Internet Explorer 9/10, works ok in Chrome

on this page http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/cable-boxes in the lower right the control next to the gear that lets you pick which DVR/TV to control does not work in IE. when you click on it a menu appears above that lists the DVR and TV devices, but when you move the mouse up to select one it disapears.

by chance I tried this page out in Google Chrome and it works.

I observed the failure on Internet Explorer 9 and 10, both don't work.

Sometimes clicking on this control fails to produce the menu, but I could not figure out how to reproduce that.

Chris

New Poster

DVR manager save settings page fails to save settings

in DVR manager "settings" page (Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs) when I edit the DVR names or change the "tv control" option and press "save settings" I get the following error message... I've tried this several times over a few days.

We're sorry,

but an unexpected error has occurred.

I recently returned 2 of my cable boxes (one with DVR, one without) and replaced them with newer units that have HDMI outputs. Before I retruned them I did not disable the "tv control feature".

The device list shows 4 devices, "DVR 1", "DVR 2", "TV 1", "TV 2". I have 2 DVRs but only one non DVR (I assume the "TV" devices) so the list has an extra entry that should not be there.

I have not found a way on the website to remove devices from this list, do I need to call support and de-provision the devices I returned?

I am able to schedule recordings so the most important functionality is working. I would like to be able to rename DVR 1 and DVR 2 so I can better keep track of them and enable the TV control.

any help appreciated...

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR switching control does not work in Internet Explorer 9/10, works ok in Chrome

Thanks for reporting this issue.  We'll investigate and let you know what we find.

Eric

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Re: DVR manager save settings page fails to save settings

ChrisGuzak wrote:

in DVR manager "settings" page (Manage Cable Boxes & DVRs) when I edit the DVR names or change the "tv control" option and press "save settings" I get the following error message... I've tried this several times over a few days.

We're sorry,

but an unexpected error has occurred.

I recently returned 2 of my cable boxes (one with DVR, one without) and replaced them with newer units that have HDMI outputs. Before I retruned them I did not disable the "tv control feature".

The device list shows 4 devices, "DVR 1", "DVR 2", "TV 1", "TV 2". I have 2 DVRs but only one non DVR (I assume the "TV" devices) so the list has an extra entry that should not be there.

I have not found a way on the website to remove devices from this list, do I need to call support and de-provision the devices I returned?

I am able to schedule recordings so the most important functionality is working. I would like to be able to rename DVR 1 and DVR 2 so I can better keep track of them and enable the TV control.

any help appreciated...

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

same result in Chrome. so this is not a function of the browser being used.

Official Employee

ChrisGuzak wrote:

same result in Chrome. so this is not a function of the browser being used.

Are you signing in as the primary user on your account?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

yes, I have only one user on this account.

New Poster

I'm no longer suffering from this problem, today I was able to save the settings. is there a way to mark this thread "resolved"?

New Poster

Re: DVR switching control does not work in Internet Explorer 9/10, works ok in Chrome

This is no longer an issue. the design has been updated to display a mini dialog instead of a menu and it works fine in IE with the mouse. issue resolved.

Regular Visitor

Did this resolve itself on it's own? I am having the same problem, Will Not save settings change.

Thanks

New Poster

I am currently having the same problem, but I am using Firefox... Comcast has given me several different answers. everything they say never works. I've tried resetting my cable boxes, deleting the cookies on my browser, restarting my comnputers... so messed up!! No fixes, no results, time for a new company!!

Official Employee

FD41 wrote:

I am currently having the same problem, but I am using Firefox... Comcast has given me several different answers. everything they say never works. I've tried resetting my cable boxes, deleting the cookies on my browser, restarting my comnputers... so messed up!! No fixes, no results, time for a new company!!

Is it working in other browsers? This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation