New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR shows not Showing on app

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 12

I faithfully use my dvr from home on varius different shows. I stream from my app on android & my laptop but for a few months now my recordings are not showing all my recordings. I only get 2 shows of recordings showing up on my laptop and android. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my phone still none of my shows are showing up. Is there a way to show all my recordings I have on my dvr to show up online or on my app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
New Poster
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 8 of 12
Solution

I figured this out on my own sorry Comcast you lost this one lol. You only have limited space to hold recording on you "cloud dvr". So try deleting some of your old dvr shows and it should start recording newly recorded shows as they are scheduled. The bar at the top shows how much you have left on your "cloud dvr" before it reached 100% capacity. I hope this helps and sorry it to me so long to respond! Happy DVR watching!!!

11 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster

Message 2 of 12
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 12

Hello all, in most cases when your app does not display all of your recordings it's due to a disconnect between the DVR and the app. Your app mirrors your DVR content, so when all of then content doesn't show the system needs to refresh so that all of the information can be read correctly. To fix this issue try removing the app from your device, and then reboot your DVR, once the DVR has rebooted then install the app again and sign in. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 12

I followed these steps twice and my DVR content is still not showing in the app. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 5 of 12

mlhhoney wrote:

I followed these steps twice and my DVR content is still not showing in the app. 

Do you have more than one user account?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/account/manage-permissions-secondary-users/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 6 of 12

Same here. It's extremely frustrating. I am sitting on my back porch just feet away from my DVR. I am trying to watch my DVR recordings via the website. Randomly a recording will show up on the website, but I have a lot of recordings. Now, it is only showing recordings for one particular show.  This is ridiculous. I continue to have issues with Xfinity apps, etc. The live tv works fine on the website. Obviously, I can't uninstall your web address. The cloud should sync automatically.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 7 of 12

lilykittycat14 wrote:

Same here. It's extremely frustrating. I am sitting on my back porch just feet away from my DVR. I am trying to watch my DVR recordings via the website. Randomly a recording will show up on the website, but I have a lot of recordings. Now, it is only showing recordings for one particular show.  This is ridiculous. I continue to have issues with Xfinity apps, etc. The live tv works fine on the website. Obviously, I can't uninstall your web address. The cloud should sync automatically.

Any chance you are too far away from your network and the shows are in home only?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 8 of 12
Solution

I figured this out on my own sorry Comcast you lost this one lol. You only have limited space to hold recording on you "cloud dvr". So try deleting some of your old dvr shows and it should start recording newly recorded shows as they are scheduled. The bar at the top shows how much you have left on your "cloud dvr" before it reached 100% capacity. I hope this helps and sorry it to me so long to respond! Happy DVR watching!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 9 of 12

dandrea150 wrote:

The cloud dvr will hold 60 hours of recordings. You don't have to delete shows to record new one as the oldest show will be deleted to make room for the new ones.

"Only the most recent 60 hours of recordings are available for X1 Cloud DVR functionality. The availability of content on your mobile devices and computers may be slightly less than that on your TV. If you exceed the 60-hour limit, the oldest recordings will drop off for any new recordings. These recordings may still be available for viewing on your TV."

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 12

they only drop off the way you have them set up to be recorded and i have most my recordings set for 1 year. so in that case i will have to delete my recordings.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 11 of 12

My physical DVR is only 55% while my cloud DVR is only at 75%. Yet numerous of my recordings are not showing up in my cloud DVR. Is there a way to get more cloud DVR storage? If not, then this is a dumb problem and bad foresight on Comcasts part. Cloud DVR should be as large as ones physical DVR, especially for those of us trying to catch up on shows while away from our physical DVRs. Or at least Comcast should give its costumer the option to upgrade to a larger cloud DVR for a small monthly charge of $1-$2.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 12 of 12
I agree totally, we should have the same usage or the offer to buy more space but when I spoke to a lvl 3 tech from Comcast, who confirmed the smaller cloud storage, there is no offer there at the moment. If we could voice it, I'd love to!