members

online now

discussions

DVR recordings not showing on Xfinity TV app

SOLVED
Posted by
Visitor
Message 251 of 277

Downloaded shows appear on Xfinity TV app on Samsung S7 and Lenova tablet ONLY when online (wifi and/or mobile data).  As soon as I go offline, no downloads are available.  

Posted by
Visitor
Message 252 of 277

I have the X1 platform and downloaded the Xfinity TV app to my tablet and it works great for streaming live TV.  However, in both apps none of our recordings are showing.  I dont even see an option for recorded shows.  I've logged in and out of the apps and restarted the tablets but that hasn't helped.  A friend of mine mentioned he had the same issue and it was resolved by updating some codes.....

Is there something else that I need to do? Can you add the Cloud DVR rate code to my account?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 253 of 277

intellivid wrote:

I have the X1 platform and downloaded the Xfinity TV app to my tablet and it works great for streaming live TV.  However, in both apps none of our recordings are showing.  I dont even see an option for recorded shows.  I've logged in and out of the apps and restarted the tablets but that hasn't helped.  A friend of mine mentioned he had the same issue and it was resolved by updating some codes.....

Is there something else that I need to do? Can you add the Cloud DVR rate code to my account?

You need to call Comcast customer service and ask them to add the rate code to your account.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor
Message 254 of 277

I am having the exact same problem, the Recordings and Scheduled menu options are missing altogether.  I called Comcast support and the person on the phone had no idea what I was talking about, it was useless.  Is there any way we can reach the department that is actually familiar with this problem?  Thanks.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 255 of 277
Dear ComcastChad,

I have been experiencing continuous problems with my Xfinity TV app not showing my DVR cloud content at all across all my devices like computer tablet or smartphone. Actually when I log in it doesn't look like my account at all.
Also, if I'm home on my Xfinity Wi-Fi it tells me that I'm not home, so I can't view only tvgo channels and have every premium network and sports package. This has been going on for atleast a year. I've called 6+ times and had technicians come out for other issues and ask them about Xfinity TV and they have no clue either. I've had tier 2 technical support call and work on it with no resolve. Please help. Thanks

Posted by
Visitor
Message 256 of 277

My XFINITY tv was showing my dvr recordings. I had a problem with my DVR and had to replace it. Now my DVR recordings do not show in my xfinity tv app.  Can you help me?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 257 of 277

Bhart50 wrote:

My XFINITY tv was showing my dvr recordings. I had a problem with my DVR and had to replace it. Now my DVR recordings do not show in my xfinity tv app.  Can you help me?

When you replace a DVR. you lose all the recordings that were on the replaced DVR.

If you have the Cloud rate code on your comcast account, you CAN access recordings that were stored in the Cloud.

If you do not have the Cloud rate code, when it is added to your account, you can only access Cloud recordings AFTER the rate code becomes effective.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 258 of 277
I have the same problem I do not see any of my DVR recordings on my phone.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 259 of 277

Sfath1975 wrote:
I have the same problem I do not see any of my DVR recordings on my phone.

Call Comcast customer service and ask them to add the Cloud rate code to your account.  Once the rate code has been added, only NEW recordings after that will appear in your DVR recordings.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 260 of 277
When I go into the xfinity TV app, I don't have the Recordings option in the Saved menu so I can't get to my DVR recordings. I am in the greater Philadelphia area. I can't imagine I don't have cloud DVR since i have received multiple flyers in the mail describing the capability. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 261 of 277

JohnMarko wrote:
When I go into the xfinity TV app, I don't have the Recordings option in the Saved menu so I can't get to my DVR recordings. I am in the greater Philadelphia area. I can't imagine I don't have cloud DVR since i have received multiple flyers in the mail describing the capability. Any help would be appreciated.

You might not have the Cloud DVR feature turned on for your account. Just because Comcast sent out flyers, doesn't mean they turned it on automatically for you. Call Comcast and ask them to add the Cloud DVR rate code to your account.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 262 of 277

I have the same problem in Philadelphia PA. Any solution?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 263 of 277

I am having the same problem that was described earlier.  I am in Gallatin, TN.  I have called Xfinity several times and have even had a tech to the house, but no one has seemed to know how to link my cloud DVR to my physical DVR, so I have to sets of recordings, those I can see from mobile devices and those that I can see from my TV's in my house, but they are not the same.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 264 of 277

I have the same problem.  I have many, many shows recoreded on my X1 Xfinity DVR+Cloud account.  I can see them from the TV/Xtop box but not from my computer, phones or ipads.  Why can't I see my shows?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 265 of 277

It says "solved: go to solution" and says someone is adding a code to someone's account?  How does that solve this  problem which is obviously a common problem?  Is someone going to add a "code" for me?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 266 of 277
My Xfinity Stream App does not show any of my DVR recordnings. Minnetonka, MN.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 267 of 277

ScottGriv wrote:
My Xfinity Stream App does not show any of my DVR recordnings. Minnetonka, MN.

Call in and get Cloud DVR rate codes added to your account, there are none present. From the point that you except the terms and conditions on your dvr, you will have access in the cloud to the recordings made from that point forward, There will be no access to recordings made before that point.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 268 of 277

I'm having the same problem.. some recordings are not showing up on the app entirely.. others only a few minutes are showing up - but they are correct on my DVR.  Very recent problem (couple of weeks) used to work great!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 269 of 277
I'm having the same issue. I go to the XFINITY tv app but there's no recordings, and there's also no Recent tab.

Please help. Thanks in advance
Posted by
Visitor

Message 270 of 277

I have 20 recordings on my DVR, but my app both on iPad and the laptop show only 18? Was hoping to download 2 shows for watching on a flight, and those are the exact 2 i can't seem to see. Why would 2 shows not be available. They are Flash and Legends, but I can get Arrow, which is the same channel. What gives?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 271 of 277

Same issue with me, however recordings that only show up as a few minutes (example 3 minutes of an hour show) on the Stream app, accessing via the website, and my actual DVR  for my tv all mirror each other with the shortned time. Sometimes things I have set to record don't record at all. 

Just a few weeks ago when something actually did record with the correct amount of time the show was it would give streaming error codes.

Seriously this new streaming platform from the start has been a distaster and is rather comical now with the many different issues every other week.

Pretty sad I have to go to direct sites and log in with my xfinity credentials to be able to watch a show that I supposedly recorded with my X1 box. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 272 of 277
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 273 of 277
Posted by
Visitor

Message 273 of 277

I am also in the Atlanta market. ALL of my DVR recordings have NEVER appeared on my iPad app. Examples: only the last How to Get Away with Murder is appearing on my iPad even though the last 4 are on my DVR. The following are missing episodes or won't download: Victoria on Masterpiece, Incorporated, Lethal Weapon, Falling Waters, Humans, Legions, Blindspot, Archer, Colony, Bates Motel, 24 Legacy, Colony, The Expanse, Humans,

Help!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 275 of 277
Posted by
Visitor

Message 276 of 277

I seem to be having a slightly different problem.  All my recorded shows appear on my dvr-connected tvs, however, only a portion show up on other internet-connected devices like my tablet or laptop.  It seems to be only the more recent episodes that show up.  However, I know that I've had the cloud option on my account for over a year or two now, and the ones that aren't showing up were definitely recorded after what I presume was the correct rate code being added to my account.  For example, I'm only getting the last 5 episodes of a show that started in January of this year, of which I have 9 total recordings, but I've been watching episodes on my tablet/phone/laptop much longer than that.  Is there perhaps a storage limit for my cloud recordings that my local DVR has surpassed?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 277 of 277

Nevermind, found an answer ComcastDan made on a different thread that explained there's only 60 hours on the cloud DVR and 100 on my local one.  Guess I should have searched a little longer before posting.  Cheers!