New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR recordings not showing on Xfinity TV app

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 151 of 274

Since Sept. 24, 2015 I have gotten a message on all recordings that they are not available for download  and the recordings since I have gotten X1 do not show up on Apple or Android apps. I have  been bumped up to engineering and have been told my cloud configuration is wrong over a week ago. And they would fix it. Still waiting, how long should this take. I have been told I have cloud in Houston area. Today I tried to talk to someone  in engineering and was told this function is in an outage with Comcast.

Does anyone there really know whats going on?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 152 of 274

Hello ComcastChad,

I am having a similar problem in Chicago, some of my DVR shows are available for d/l on the app, but some are not. I've tried resinstalling, etc. Is this feature availablem in my market yet?

Thanks for your time.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 153 of 274

Geezus Lawd give me strength. First it's xfinity home and now this.

Remind me why am I paying for this again?

I'm a news junkie and all I want to do is be able to watch my recordings on the TV app when I'm travelling.

Not all of my recordings are showing up on the TV app.

Why are my DVR recordings not showing up on the TV app?

Why Geezus Lawd. Why?

Please fix this. NOW!

I'm getting tired of deleting and reinstalling apps with things still not working or getting fixed.

You want your payment and throw a tantrum so what do I have to do when things don't work when they are supposed to?

Someone please call me so we can start discussing contract law. Your two year contract won't have much of a leg to stand on if you're not keeping your end of the bargain.

I'm truly upset and will turn my triple play into a double play then to a single play if nothing is being resolved to my satisfication.

The 800 number proved worthless so now I'm forced to go the public shaming and threathening route.

This is what you've reduced me to and it embarassing.

Fix it!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 154 of 274

I have had it. I'm having the same problem and I've been reduced to writing about it on a board.

Truly annoying.

This is not a localized problem is so many are having this issue.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 155 of 274

rikitashah wrote:

Hello ComcastChad,

I am having a similar problem in Chicago, some of my DVR shows are available for d/l on the app, but some are not. I've tried resinstalling, etc. Is this feature availablem in my market yet?

Thanks for your time.

Yes its available since you can see some of your recordings showing on the app.   Resinstalling wont fix the issue. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 156 of 274

So Chad what will fix it? If you read my post above I have been in engineers hand now for at least three weeks. I have my Comcast guy as a favorite on my iphone I callso much All I get it that they know I am not set up correctly, but no one seems to do anything about it.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 157 of 274
I'm also having some problems with recordings on my DVR not showing up on the Xfinity TV mobile app. All that's showing up is one tv show and 1 full hockey game and not the Democratic debate. Please help.
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 158 of 274

I just got Xfinity X1 with cloud DVR for the first time yesterday. I recorded several shows, including the Walking Dead, Talking Dead, Sportscenter, and some Nick Jr. show (Wallykazam!) as a test. 

So far, only the Talking Dead and Wallykazam! are showing up on the TV App, and only Wallykazam! is available for dowload to my phone while I'm on my home network. Talking Dead is there, but no download option. I scheduled to record Wallykazam! from my phone, and the rest were scheduled to record through the set top box (is an Arris XG1A).

I am in Pittsburgh and just switched from FiOS. Was really excited about the DVR anywhere featrure and download and watch later feature. Why isn't it working properly?

I have tried rebooting the set top box, syncing the dvr, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, rebooting my phone. Nothing is working. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 159 of 274

I am having a similar problem and hope you can help. The xfinity tv app was not available in our area (west palm beach, fl) until a month ago. The program worked fine for two days and then gave me the 'congrats' message stating it was finally available. I called a few times with no luck to get the app working and finally last night was able to get it to run after explaining to the billing tech that a code needed to be added to my account. My problem is that though the app works, it does not show my dvr listings. This was available for the two days it worked prior to getting the 'congrats' message so not sure why it is missing now. I'm sure it is just a missing code... Hope you can help. Lisa

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 160 of 274

Flgirl192 wrote:

I am having a similar problem and hope you can help. The xfinity tv app was not available in our area (west palm beach, fl) until a month ago. The program worked fine for two days and then gave me the 'congrats' message stating it was finally available. I called a few times with no luck to get the app working and finally last night was able to get it to run after explaining to the billing tech that a code needed to be added to my account. My problem is that though the app works, it does not show my dvr listings. This was available for the two days it worked prior to getting the 'congrats' message so not sure why it is missing now. I'm sure it is just a missing code... Hope you can help. Lisa

Can  you send me a private message with your Comcast username or password, i am unable to locate your account   

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 161 of 274

Hi Chad could you please take a look at my account? I just installed the Xfinity TV iOS app, but nothing from my DVR is showing up. The only thing under the Saved section is a "For You" category which is only showing something I had previously watched on demand. Thank you!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 162 of 274

Please disregard.  I contacted support and they added the "cloud rate code" to my account.  One might wonder why that wasn't automatically added when the cloud dvr became available, but that's beside the point I guess.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 163 of 274

Hi Comcast Chad do you mind helping? Just like Gergsmash, I am having the same issue. I downloaded the app a long time ago, want able to connect so called Comcast and they solved it in order to log on. I haven't used the download feature but I really would like to. I go to the DVR tab and it just says "For You". thanks. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 164 of 274

Tylerf4 wrote:

Hi Comcast Chad do you mind helping? Just like Gergsmash, I am having the same issue. I downloaded the app a long time ago, want able to connect so called Comcast and they solved it in order to log on. I haven't used the download feature but I really would like to. I go to the DVR tab and it just says "For You". thanks. 

Your accoutn is mising the cloud DVR codes, i will have to reach out to your local suport team to get them added, please allow 2-3 business days. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 165 of 274
Posted by
Visitor

Message 166 of 274

I'm having the same issue. They used to be there.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 167 of 274

I'm not seeing the recordings tab on the app.  I did a chat session earlier today and they checked my account, came back and said to reinstall the app and I'd be good to go.  No luck, still only seeing For You and Downloads.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 168 of 274
I'm having this issue as well. I called the 800 number, but I think they didn't know what I was talking about. I feel like they just reset my set top box to appease me.

Comcast Chad - can you look into this and determine why I can't see recordings in the app?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 169 of 274

After several phone calls and escalation to X1 second tier support all telling me the account is correct. I called again this week and after escalated again to second tier they told me the account was NOT properly set up. He entered the codes for my account, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app accepting all thre conditions and now I have the recordings tab and everything works the way it is supposed to. Now if I can get my voicemails to show online in the voice tab and received calls in the correct time zone I would consider myself good to go. I'm getting a similar response and tier 2 had me clearing cache and trying another browser which I had already done. It id the same on 2 different computers. I have voice messages on the answering machine but under the voice tab on line it says you have none. Is this another issue of the correct codes to link the services together?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 170 of 274

I'm not seeing my recording either after the latest Xfinity TV update. I tried deleting and reinstalling with no success. Everything worked great before this.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 171 of 274

ComcastChad, anything you can do to help out here?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 172 of 274

scenicroute9 wrote:

ComcastChad, anything you can do to help out here?

Your account is missing the cloud dvr codes, someone should be reaching out to you shortly.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 173 of 274

Hi ComcastChad,

Having a similar problem to other users here - my DVR recordings are not showing up in the Xfinity TV Go app.  I am in the SF Bay Area (94070) so it should be available I believe.  Please can you tell me how I get my account enabled/codes set up?

Many Thanks

Mark

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 174 of 274
Did you try the xfinity tv app? The tv go app does not have your DVR recordings.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 175 of 274

I discovered when I updated the Xfinity TV app and restarted the app, my device is no longer in the 'Manage download device' list, even though I've signed in and it looked like it added the device. I can see what is scheduled to be recorded, but not the recorded shows.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 176 of 274

Hi ComcastChad,

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, I am using the Xfinity TV app - my mistake in saying the other app before 

Cheers

Mark

Posted by
Visitor

Message 177 of 274

Thanks ComcastChad!    Recordings showed up and it looks like I'm good to go now. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 178 of 274

Hi ComcastChad,

Anything you can do or suggest - I still don't have my recordings showing up in the Xfinity TV app

Cheers

M.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 179 of 274

Did you call Comcast and speak to billing and ask them to add the Cloud DVR rate code to your account?

MarkC0x wrote:

Hi ComcastChad,

Anything you can do or suggest - I still don't have my recordings showing up in the Xfinity TV app

Cheers

M.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 180 of 274

I just did - was dreading the call wait time but got through to an agent in less than one ring!  She was great and told me that the code was available at the time I signed up for the X1 (I was a Beta customer).  She fixed that so hopefully all will be good ....  Exellent service 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 181 of 274

I have similar issue where the shows on my DVR box aren't showing on the xfinity tv app for browsers (xtv.comcast.net), or on my comcast tv app for droid, But they are recorded on the DVR box. Location Campbell, CA, any suggestions on my end on what to do?

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 182 of 274

Have the DVRed shows ever shown up on the xtv.comcast.net web portal or the Xfinity TV app?

Healiesplox wrote:

I have similar issue where the shows on my DVR box aren't showing on the xfinity tv app for browsers (xtv.comcast.net), or on my comcast tv app for droid, But they are recorded on the DVR box. Location Campbell, CA, any suggestions on my end on what to do?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 183 of 274

yea, they usually show up as they are recording but this week they stopped. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 184 of 274

Does a recording show up in the app or on the website if you start the recording from the guide on the app or website? This will let you know the Cloud DVR is still working.

Healiesplox wrote:

yea, they usually show up as they are recording but this week they stopped. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 185 of 274

The recording doesn't show up in the app when i try to play it from ondemand. It only shows up on the TV DVR

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 186 of 274

First place OnDemand and recordings are 2 different things. Secondly, you didn't answer the question I asked. Does a recording show up in the app or on the website if you start the recording from the guide on the app or website?

Healiesplox wrote:

The recording doesn't show up in the app when i try to play it from ondemand. It only shows up on the TV DVR

Posted by
Visitor

Message 187 of 274

My X1 cloud was working fine until last week.  Now my DVR shows 78% full and my app only shows 4%.  Everything that was showing up prior to last week all say not available for mobile viewing.  This applies to programs on network TV and Cable channels.  

Posted by
Visitor

Message 188 of 274
HI there....I am likewise having problems with any of my DVR recordings showing up in my phone app. I haven't had ANY programs drop in to my app. What is the issue that is causing this?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 189 of 274
My app does not show recordings. I only see Downloads and For You under saved. Please Help!
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 190 of 274

Hjbrown04 wrote:
My app does not show recordings. I only see Downloads and For You under saved. Please Help!

You must subscribe to the X1 platform, have the Cloud Rate Code on our account and accept the Terms & Conditions.  Once that is done, you will only see the reocrdings made AFTER the rate code was added.  Previous recordings are not migrated to the Cloud and remain on the physical DVR.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 191 of 274
Posted by
Visitor

Message 192 of 274

I just installed the Xfinity TV iOS app, but nothing from my DVR is showing up. The only thing under the Saved section is a "For You" category which is only showing something I had previously watched on demand.

I am located in Southern Indiana, 47274.  Am I in an area where dvr cloud is not rolled put?  Is there  time frame when it it is projected to be rolled out if that is the case?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 193 of 274

i'm having the same problem. It just happned today.  Last night I was able to access my DVR recordings on my surface pro and today its not there. Before when I clicked the tvonthego it brought up a request that I would click yes and it would take me to another screen and it had my DVR recordings. Now I can't get there. I'm in Portland, Oregon. 97210

Posted by
Visitor
Message 194 of 274

I'm having the same issues...DVR is 86% full of show recordings but only 2 show up on the app!!

Posted by
Visitor
Message 195 of 274

We are having a similar problem.  The shows that we are recording on our DVR are not showing up on the Xfinity TV app nor through the xtv.comcast.net/recordings website.  One show in particular "DC Legends" starts recording, gets just so far and then disappears.  It's not in deleted either.  Some of the other shows we record are not listed on the xfinity tv app or website.  I keep seeing posts about some codes needing to be updated.  How do we request that?  Or did I just do it?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 196 of 274
I am also having this issue. Is this rolled out in the Detroit market yet?
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 197 of 274

No, according to the Cloud DVR FAQs.

Where is X1 DVR with Cloud Technology available now?
X1 DVR with Cloud Technology is available in all markets where X1 service is available except for the following:

• Michigan, including the Detroit Metro Area
  • Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN
  • Independence, MO

Tedgroustra wrote:
I am also having this issue. Is this rolled out in the Detroit market yet?
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 198 of 274

Want to add another complaint- on the app it consistently shows my DVR as being 100% full when on the cable box and on the DVR manager page it is around 50% full. Many recorded shows do not appear on the mobile app. Basically the mobile app is not fully functional- Please fix it! (have uninstalled and reinstalled several times).

Posted by
Visitor
Message 199 of 274
We are having a similar problem. The shows that we are recording on our DVR are not showing up on the Xfinity TV app nor through the xtv.comcast.net/recordings website. One show in particular "DC Legends" starts recording, gets just so far and then disappears. It's not in deleted either. Some of the other shows we record are not listed on the xfinity tv app or website. I keep seeing posts about some codes needing to be updated. How do we request that?
Posted by
Visitor

Message 200 of 274
The problem suddenly started. Some of the shows, still on DVR, are not showing up on XFinityTV app. Many shows up but some not. Why?
Please help.