online now

discussions

DVR recordings not showing on Xfinity TV app

SOLVED
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 101 of 274

Stressmgr wrote:

ComcastChad, can you see if our cloud DVR is enabled?

It is not, i am having somoene look into it now

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 102 of 274

Can you help me?  I have the icloud technology but my DVRd shows are not appearing on the app on my ipad???

Posted by
Visitor

Message 103 of 274

None of the tabs even show under for you. I am still waiting on a call back.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 104 of 274

Chad,

i can can set recordings using the app on my iPhone but I can't watch them away from home.

why is my dvr cloud not working?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 105 of 274

None of my recordings from dvr are showing up in app...

Posted by
Visitor

Message 106 of 274

Is there any reason shows recorded in SD would not show up, but shows recorded in HD would show up on the XFinity TV app?  I have many shows recorded on DVR, but some are SD and some are HD (I record old movies in SD to save space on DVR).  I can watch and download many (not all) of the shows recorded in HD, but none of the SD shows appear.  Any ideas?

Posted by
Visitor

Message 107 of 274
Like the other commenters in this forum, I too have noticed that new recordings are not showing up on the Xfinity DVR app. I'm in the Washington, DC area. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 108 of 274

Chad,  I have had the same problem for a couple of months.  When I first downloaded the app on my I pad in Decmber of 2014, everything worked great for about 6 months.  I loved being able to watch movies when not online.  For the past 2 months, no recordings show on my I pad and no scheduled recordings show.  When I go to guide, and press a channel, the picture of the show is there but no option to watch or record.  I can watch all shows live on I pad using the channel feature.  My dvr right now says 3% full and it says 34% full on my I pad.  I have deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity TV app numerous times.  I have called Comcast over 10 times and I swapped my DVR yesterday.  Pretty frustrated since it worked great at one time.  I live in Havertown PA and would appreciate any help you could give me.  No one at Comcast seems that knowledgable on the subject.

Thanks.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 109 of 274
Hello Chad,
I had the X1 service since July 2014 and the DVR recordings worked fine on the Tv app on both my android phablet and iPad until about a month or 2 ago I noticed the DVR option is no longer showing on either android or iPad xfinity tv app..
I live in the Richmond VA area 23234
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 110 of 274

Hi,

I'm new to Comcast X1. I'm all set up with the X1 system. But I too dod not have the optiopn on my iPad to view abd download recordings on my DVR. I have verified that the recording exists on the DVR. I've ben on the phone with CS support and have been transferredd to 3 different support techs. They have " troubleshooted" my system, rebooted it and verified that the recording exists on the DVR. They had me ininstall and reinstall the app 3x! I asked them if they need to update my account and add any "codes" and they said they should noit have too. Meanwhile I still dont see the reordings tab on the app. HELP!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 111 of 274

Sorry for all the typo's.....

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 112 of 274

I cannot see any of my DVR recordings on Xfinity TV app either.  I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with Comcast and they didn't even know how to work the app.  They were reading the instructions off of the web.  Even referred me to the web page.  I can see live TV on the app, but I'm not seeing a tab for my recordings.  How does this get set up?  I don't see anything I can do in the app.  My zip is 97223.

Cam

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 113 of 274

I have been told by Comcast tech support that my mobile device needs to be on my "home" network in order to have full functionality of the App. Can someone confirm if that is true? Our "home" network is in our Florida location. We are still snowbirds in NJ. I am able to use the TV go app and download movies for offline viewing and I am able to manage my DVR and schedule recordings from my windows laptop all from my NJ network. Thanks

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 114 of 274

your account is missing the cloud dvr rate codes, i have asked someone from your local support teams to contact you and add the codes. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 115 of 274

bgaynor17 wrote:

I have been told by Comcast tech support that my mobile device needs to be on my "home" network in order to have full functionality of the App. Can someone confirm if that is true? Our "home" network is in our Florida location. We are still snowbirds in NJ. I am able to use the TV go app and download movies for offline viewing and I am able to manage my DVR and schedule recordings from my windows laptop all from my NJ network. Thanks

You need to be on your home network to do the following:  1) Stream any of your in-home channels, stream in-progress recordings, and watch in-home On Deamnd content.  

You can stream and download completed recordings outside of the home, as well as select TV Go On Demand content.  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 116 of 274

Thanks for your prompt reply. I recently recorded a 30 minute program to my home DVR as a test. No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as tech support checking the account made this recording visible to download.

ComcastChad wrote:

ComcastChad wrote:

bgaynor17 wrote:

You need to be on your home network to do the following:  1) Stream any of your in-home channels, stream in-progress recordings, and watch in-home On Deamnd content.  

You can stream and download completed recordings outside of the home, as well as select TV Go On Demand content.  

bgaynor17 wrote:

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 117 of 274

bgaynor17 wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply. I recently recorded a 30 minute program to my home DVR as a test. No amount of uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as tech support checking the account made this recording visible to download.

ComcastChad wrote:

ComcastChad wrote:

bgaynor17 wrote:

bgaynor17 wrote:

Your account is not set up for cloud dvr, you will need to contact support for your Florida location to have the cloud dvr rate codes added. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 118 of 274

I guess I have to call them again. Do you know what the specific codes are for Boynton Beach Florida? Thanks.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 119 of 274

Was this in response to my question (I hope)?

thanks,

Cam

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 120 of 274

I think both of you (mcamwill and bgaynor17) just need to call Comcast and connect with someone in the Billing Dept.  Tell them you want the Cloud DVR codes added to your account.  Regular internet tech support will probably be dumbfounded by that request.  Just try to get to someone in Billing.  If that fails, asked to be transferred to X1 tech support.

Why something so easy has to be so hard is beyond me.  Just typical Comcast S.O.P.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 121 of 274

Not to beat this to death....

Based on your reply once the Cloud DVR codes are added should I be able to use the TV App and have full functionality outside of my home network?

Thanks

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 122 of 274

It should work just as ComcastChad said up above.  Sometimes it takes about 24 hours to work once they add the codes. Hopefully yours works soon.

bgaynor17 wrote:

Based on your reply once the Cloud DVR codes are added should I be able to use the TV App and have full functionality outside of my home network?

Thanks

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 123 of 274

bgaynor17 wrote:

Thanks

Yes, but only for the recordings that are made AFTER Cloud has been added to your acount.  Your previously recorded shows on the DVR will not be available..... FYI, I'm just north of you and Cloud is available....

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 124 of 274
Codes added, box rebooted, app reinstalled over 30x and still no option on the xfinity tv app to view recordings.. 3 android devices and 2 apple devices same issue..
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 125 of 274

I am having the same problem.  I was able to watch them for a while but now they have disappeared. I have called customer support and have not been able to figure it out. I've reset my set top boxes and reinstalled the app. All I get is live tv and on demand. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 126 of 274

C0M4R wrote:
Codes added, box rebooted, app reinstalled over 30x and still no option on the xfinity tv app to view recordings.. 3 android devices and 2 apple devices same issue..

are you still experiencing this issue, your account is set up correctly. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 127 of 274

Yes,  it but was working fine about three weeks ago

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 128 of 274

Marytjl wrote:

Yes,  it but was working fine about three weeks ago

That wasn't directed at you, but looks like your account was repackaged and the codes were removed accidentally.. I have reached out to your local market to see if they can help. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 129 of 274

Oh sorry, but thank you. Appreciate your help

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 130 of 274

Last weekend I had to replace the "main" DVR because of the very loud whirring sound. Once the replacement DVR was installed and authorized we lost all of the cloud recordings on the old DVR. I could see them on the TV Remote app one moment and then when the DVR was provisioned, POOF, they were gone. They are no longer on the TV Remote app HOWEVER I can see them on https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings AND on my TV app BUT not on the DVR. Only recordings made since the DVR was replaced are on the DVR and TV Remote app. Recordings made by both the old DVR and the replacement DVR are on the TV app and the web site (https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings). How do I get these recordings reinstated to the DVR? I know I can watch them on the app or using the web site but I should be able to view them on TV using the DVR! They're right "there", I can almost touch them!!!!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 131 of 274

I should've read this before spending hours on the phone and online chat. 

Currently my XfinityTV app is showing some, but not all of my recorded shows. When I I go into the Xfinity TV app >Saved>Recordings, it shows newly recorded cable shows (from Comedy Central, FX, etc)  but any new network shows (from ABC, NBC, FOX) are not showing up. I confirmed today that my cloud tech is working, and as I said some shows are here and available for playback.I also double checked by going into the TV Go App > DVR Manager - and all my programs ARE visible there. so it's only on the TV app that they aren't showing up. 

Also, when I go into the Guide>All Listings on the Xfinity TV app - all the network TV listings are missing. So, from this app, I can't set up, check or edit any network recordings. It's very strange. I've tried clearing my cashe, rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing has worked. 

PLEASE HELP!  Thank you!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 132 of 274

Once you swap out your DVR, you will no longer be able to get your old recordings back on your new DVR.  That is way the system is setup.  Be happy that you can still access them from the cloud (https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings).

As stated in the X1 DVR with Cloud Technology: General FAQs

In the event of a DVR box swap, will I still have access to my recordings?
Yes, but only from mobile devices or computers. Because recordings are still saved on the hard drive, you will not be able to watch your old recordings on the TV.

jdalina wrote:

Last weekend I had to replace the "main" DVR because of the very loud whirring sound. Once the replacement DVR was installed and authorized we lost all of the cloud recordings on the old DVR. I could see them on the TV Remote app one moment and then when the DVR was provisioned, POOF, they were gone. They are no longer on the TV Remote app HOWEVER I can see them on https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings AND on my TV app BUT not on the DVR. Only recordings made since the DVR was replaced are on the DVR and TV Remote app. Recordings made by both the old DVR and the replacement DVR are on the TV app and the web site (https://xtv.comcast.net/recordings). How do I get these recordings reinstated to the DVR? I know I can watch them on the app or using the web site but I should be able to view them on TV using the DVR! They're right "there", I can almost touch them!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 133 of 274

Thanks HATO! Of course the phone support tech didn't know this! At least I can stop worrying about it!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 134 of 274

I am out of the Nashville,TN market and previously I saw the DVR recordings on my Xfinity TV app. I no longer can view my recordings from the app as their is no option for recordings under saves. I have had X1 for almost a year now. Can someone at Comcast check out why I can't see it in my account. I really hate dealing with customer service on the phone because every time I call, my bill gets screwed up and it takes another 3-4 times calling just to get it right again.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 135 of 274

had the same problem last week. Seems the cloud code was accidentally removed from my account. I called billing and told them I needed the Cloud dvr codes put back on and she knew exactly what to do. Within minutes I was able to log out and log back in and they were there. You will only get back what you recorded before you lost it and then any new recordings from then on. Hope this helps.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 136 of 274

Thanks Marytjl, I will give them a call and get that squared away.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 137 of 274

I am having the same issue and no one can seem to figure out why when i call.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 138 of 274
Neither are anything I've recorded showing up on the Xfinity App?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 139 of 274

MikeCerm wrote:
Neither are anything I've recorded showing up on the Xfinity App?

These will only appear if you have had the Cloud Rate Code added to your account and you subsequently agreed to the Terms & Conditions for Cloud on the App.   While Cloud has been rolled out, there are still some locations that are not Cloud capable.  

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 140 of 274

dcjennifer wrote:

I just sent a refresh to your account.. please let me know if that resolves the issue

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 141 of 274

dcjennifer wrote:

Please note, the refresh wont restore the recordings your missing it should only fix the issue moving forward.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 142 of 274
THANK YOU, yes, FINALLY! You are the best Smiley Happy

long shot here... Any suggestions why my Samsung smart tv won't connect and play Netflix, Hulu etc even though it says it's connected to xfinity Internet . It worked fine then it started stalling on refreshing when watching something and now it won't connect at all. Nobody has been able to help me with this either.

Thanks again!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 143 of 274

Ok so I called Comcast and now have the option for Recordings and Scheduled on my app, but my recordings are still not showing up even though I have had shows record since then and nothing is showing under scheduled. The only way I was able to get a recording to show up on the app was to go to the guide on the app and then select a show and hit record. It is not syncing with my DVR. Is my DVR and Scheduled recordings from my DVR not syncing with the Cloud? I called and spent over an hour on the phone and talked with 3 or 4 people from Comcast to try to troubleshoot this issue with no luck and I am supposed to have someone call me back and it is getting close to the 72 hours for the call back and still no call.

Any ideas?? To me, like I said earlier, it seems as the DVR itself is not syncing with the Cloud for it to show up on the app.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 144 of 274

The same thing happened to me. The shows that were on my dvr before they put the cloud codes on my account did not show on the app but everything that has recorded since is there. Unfortunately I think that's just the way it is.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 145 of 274

I am not getting the future recordings on my app unless I hit record from the app itself and let it record on the DVR.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 146 of 274

Oh, that's one problem I didn't have. Sorry.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 147 of 274

Thanks anyways for your help

Posted by
Visitor

Message 148 of 274

ComcastChad, Can you check my account to see if it is set up correctly for X1 Cloud recording? I can stream and do all of the other Xfinity TV tasks, but no recorded shows are available. There is a "Saved" tab, but it is empty.

Thanks,

Chris

Posted by
Visitor

Message 149 of 274

I just joined X1 this past weekend and used the TV app.  It shows 0 recordings even though I have 6.  Is it available in 60048 as the documentation indicates?  What could be the issue?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 150 of 274

ltlelmo wrote:

I just joined X1 this past weekend and used the TV app.  It shows 0 recordings even though I have 6.  Is it available in 60048 as the documentation indicates?  What could be the issue?

Did you call into Comcast and have the Cloud Rate Code added to your account?  It is not an automatic function as the end user must request it.  Once done, you will also see a Terms & Conditions appear on the TV connected to you DVR which you must accept.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon