members

online now

discussions

DVR recordings not showing on Xfinity TV app

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 274
How do I find out if I'm on the x1 cloud? An employee told me I was, but there is no tab for my dvr recordings on my android xfinity TV app. I've seen on other forums you have to accept terms & conditions, but I was never asked on the app & if I click on the link on app, it just goes to another Web page and there's nowhere to click on accept terms anywhere. Please help
273 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 274
What market are you in? Some markets have X1 cloud services that doesn't include cloud dvr.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 274

I am in the Atlanta area and I have had cloud service for about 5 months now and haven't had too manyproblems until this past weekend.  On Sunday I recorded 2 shows on AMC and one of them wouldn't show up on the TV app but the show right after did. Then on Wednesday a bunch of shows that I could see on the app disappeared from the app, all from a variety of networks.  All of them are still on the DVR and now say not available for mobile viewing, even though they were before.  I don't know why I could see them on the app and then they disappear even though they are still on the DVR.  They are not in the deleted folder either and no one has downloaded them.  Now most of my shows that were set up on series recording (which have always been viewable on the app) say they not available for mobile viewing before they are even recorded.  Only a few shows show up as scheduled on the app.  I went in and deleted all the scheduled recordings and rescheduled them after rebooting the DVR and still most of them say not available for mobile viewing.  I deleted them again and scheduled them from the app and they immediately show up as scheduled on my DVR but not the app.  This happened back in January one night where all of my recordings wouldn't show up on the app even though they were on the app the previous day...after talking for hours on the phone with a tech who said I would be getting a call back and no one ever called me back, my future recordings were showing up so I didn't call back.  Now it has happened again but it's still continuing for the past few days.  Any ideas why this is happening?  I will call back if I have to but would prefer not to because last time I got transferred to so many people because no one knew anything about the app or the cloud.  And again, I have used the app continuously for the past 5 months and so have my kids in college so we are all familiar with it and pretty tech savvy so I'm guessing it is some sort of cloud issue and would love to know what to do about it or if there is a fix for it.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 274
Please do not call, it will only result in a ticket to our tier 2 support teams. I will send your info to our cloud dvr engineers to see why your having issues. There is nothing phone support can do to resolve your issue.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 5 of 274
I am in Hercules, CA, which is near San Francisco, CA. I believe my billing market is considered Richmond, CA.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 274

Ok, a couple of recorded shows were showing up on the app but now they are not...how will I know if they are working on it? Through this forum or will they call?

Thanks

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 274
Solution

Vettehouse241 wrote:
I am in Hercules, CA, which is near San Francisco, CA. I believe my billing market is considered Richmond, CA.

It's available in your area, i sent a note to the support teams in your market to add the code.. should be up an running in the next 48 hours. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 274

kjsa71 wrote:

Ok, a couple of recorded shows were showing up on the app but now they are not...how will I know if they are working on it? Through this forum or will they call?

Thanks

Can you provide more detail on which shows were showing and are now not available?   We did experience an issue during the week of 2/16 were recordings became unavailable after 2 days of being recorded, unfortunately those recordings are only available via the X1 set-top box. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 274
Awesome, thanks. I'll come back and give you the thumbs up or problem solved or whatever tab when it gets activated. Thanks
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 274

BBC and SyFy shows were showing up as scheduled recordings on the app and they were on the app after recording however Saturday and Sunday the app stated that I had no recordings scheduled but my DVR has 34 scheduled series with about a total of 50 scheduled episode recordings on my dvr from tonight until Mar 8.  Saturday night the SyFy and BBC recordings did not show up on the app and last night my AMC recordings do not show up on the app.  This morning the app seems to be showing all of my scheduled recordings so I guess we will see if the recordings for tonight actually show up on the app afterwards.  This is the first time since 2/17 that all the shows are showing up as scheduled on the app.  Tonights shows are on CBS, FOX, BBC, NBC, and ABC.  Last week the only shows that were recorded since 2/18 was BBC.  A Syfy show did show up on the app on 2/20 but is now not available on the app but the BBC shows from 2/18 are.  Hopefully it is all fixed since all the shows are now showing up on the app but this happened in January but only a couple of days.  All the shows showed back up on 2/17 on the app and then started disappearing from the app with all disappearing eventually.  I don't remember the weather when this happened in January but I do know that all the shows were affected this month after our ice storm taking out electricity to many people just north of me (not me).  Only one show on AMC befor the storm disappeared from the app while the AMC show right after that one had showed up but like I said, all of them slowly disappeared after the storm.  Hopefully it's fixed now.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 274

Oh and I also wanted to say that I really appreciate you looking into this and responding.  I really hate calling when I'm sure I won't talk to anyone that knows about the cloud service.  Hopefully all is fixed now. Smiley Happy

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 274
You're the man Comcast Chad. That fixed the problem. The tabs are at least on the app now, so any other problems will be another issue. Thanks for your help
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 13 of 274

kjsa71 wrote:

BBC and SyFy shows were showing up as scheduled recordings on the app and they were on the app after recording however Saturday and Sunday the app stated that I had no recordings scheduled but my DVR has 34 scheduled series with about a total of 50 scheduled episode recordings on my dvr from tonight until Mar 8.  Saturday night the SyFy and BBC recordings did not show up on the app and last night my AMC recordings do not show up on the app.  This morning the app seems to be showing all of my scheduled recordings so I guess we will see if the recordings for tonight actually show up on the app afterwards.  This is the first time since 2/17 that all the shows are showing up as scheduled on the app.  Tonights shows are on CBS, FOX, BBC, NBC, and ABC.  Last week the only shows that were recorded since 2/18 was BBC.  A Syfy show did show up on the app on 2/20 but is now not available on the app but the BBC shows from 2/18 are.  Hopefully it is all fixed since all the shows are now showing up on the app but this happened in January but only a couple of days.  All the shows showed back up on 2/17 on the app and then started disappearing from the app with all disappearing eventually.  I don't remember the weather when this happened in January but I do know that all the shows were affected this month after our ice storm taking out electricity to many people just north of me (not me).  Only one show on AMC befor the storm disappeared from the app while the AMC show right after that one had showed up but like I said, all of them slowly disappeared after the storm.  Hopefully it's fixed now.

Ok, sounds like some of the issues resolved themselves, like i said we had some issues starting on 2/6 and were fixed on 2/17.   It impacted customers across the country so it was not isolated to the storms in your area. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 274
Comcast Chad, my app has been working OK, but now I've noticed that about 1/4 of my recordings are showing up on my TV app available to watch and download, but they're nowhere to be found on my actual x1 dvr box, so I can't watch them on my TV. 4 of my shows did that last night after 10, USA, MTV, scyfy & cbs. What'the heck is found on. Please help
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 15 of 274

Vettehouse241 wrote:
Comcast Chad, my app has been working OK, but now I've noticed that about 1/4 of my recordings are showing up on my TV app available to watch and download, but they're nowhere to be found on my actual x1 dvr box, so I can't watch them on my TV. 4 of my shows did that last night after 10, USA, MTV, scyfy & cbs. What'the heck is found on. Please help

Checked your account, you dont have enough storage space on your hard drive to record those shows, they faield b/c not enough disk space.... you have enough storage on your cloud recorder so thats why only seem them on the app and website. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 16 of 274
I have been consistently noticing that not all of my recordings are on my app but they appear on the X1 dvr. I really like the dvr and this app seems cool but it isn't working properly. It is very frustrating. Who should I call? I really hate the idea of spending hours on the phone with Comcast.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 17 of 274

Dmbik wrote:
I have been consistently noticing that not all of my recordings are on my app but they appear on the X1 dvr. I really like the dvr and this app seems cool but it isn't working properly. It is very frustrating. Who should I call? I really hate the idea of spending hours on the phone with Comcast.

Please do not call, there is nothign anyone on the phone can do to resolve your issue or restore your missing recordings.   We are aware of the unavailable recordings issues and are in the process of upgrading the cloud infrastructure so these issues do not happen anymore. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 18 of 274
Maybe something's not in sync then, because my dvr says it's at 94%. It has always recorded all the way up to 100% before the app synced to the cloud.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 274

Hello chad, I am having similar problems in the DC area. Do I just wait and see if it fixes itself? One of the reasons I wanted x1 was to be able to watch DVR recordings on my tablet and its not working.I'm frustrated and feeling lost. Please help 

Posted by
Visitor
Message 20 of 274

Having the same problem as original poster - when I installed the xfinity TV App on my iPad today I was not asked to accept the Terms and Conditions. Streaming TV channels and On Demand shows/movies worked fine but I have no access to DVR items (only thing showing under Saved heading is Recent). Tried uninstalling/reinstalling app, clicking "Change Household Account" and logging back in, updating firmware on X1 set-top box, called phone support but no luck. I live in Greenwood Village, CO, suburb of Denver.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 21 of 274

seaborn5 wrote:

Having the same problem as original poster - when I installed the xfinity TV App on my iPad today I was not asked to accept the Terms and Conditions. Streaming TV channels and On Demand shows/movies worked fine but I have no access to DVR items (only thing showing under Saved heading is Recent). Tried uninstalling/reinstalling app, clicking "Change Household Account" and logging back in, updating firmware on X1 set-top box, called phone support but no luck. I live in Greenwood Village, CO, suburb of Denver.

The app is working as expected for you. Cloud DVR is not launched in your market.   At this time there is no date.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 22 of 274

mickeyrules64 wrote:

Hello chad, I am having similar problems in the DC area. Do I just wait and see if it fixes itself? One of the reasons I wanted x1 was to be able to watch DVR recordings on my tablet and its not working.I'm frustrated and feeling lost. Please help 

It will fix itself, its not specefic to your account.  If there are issues with our cloud servers it will impact users in your area.   There is nothing I can do to fix the recording playback issues. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 23 of 274

I am also having the same issues... I made the mistake of online chat for an hour only to have my issue "escalated" to tier 2. Still not seeing all of my recordings... They all appear in DVR manager, but not the cloud... Help! Thanks!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 24 of 274

Hi I'm having the same problem with the "recordings" tab not showing up on my xfinity tv app, only the "for  you" tab is showing up. I am in the Chicago area, thank you.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 10 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 25 of 274

So far I have found that any recordings that I schedule through the app appear in the cloud... Any that are set up through the TV boxes or through DVR manager are not showing up.  They appear while they are recording, but then disappear from the cloud when completed.  The same applies to shows that are scheduled to record.  Currently my app shows no shows scheduled, while the dvr manager and TV boxes show dozens of scheduled recordings.  

Also Chicago west burbs here.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 26 of 274

Gregav877 wrote:

So far I have found that any recordings that I schedule through the app appear in the cloud... Any that are set up through the TV boxes or through DVR manager are not showing up.  They appear while they are recording, but then disappear from the cloud when completed.  The same applies to shows that are scheduled to record.  Currently my app shows no shows scheduled, while the dvr manager and TV boxes show dozens of scheduled recordings.  

Also Chicago west burbs here.

I checked your accuont and there are a good amount of recrodings that failed for a specefic reason.. I have sent your info to our production support teams to investiagte. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 27 of 274

I am in the Sacramento CA market(I live in Citrus Heights) and believe I have cloud service. I do not get the option to watch DVR on my TV app devices. Could you look into this for me please? Thank you in advance for your help.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 28 of 274

CountYorga wrote:

I am in the Sacramento CA market(I live in Citrus Heights) and believe I have cloud service. I do not get the option to watch DVR on my TV app devices. Could you look into this for me please? Thank you in advance for your help.

Cloud DVR is not available in your market yet  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 29 of 274

Hello I'm having the same issue where the app is not showing the recorded programs tab just the for you, I live in snohomish washington.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 30 of 274
It's because cloud DVR is not available in your market

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 31 of 274

Thank you ComcastChad, do you know when it will be available to market?  Or do you know where I could look to find out? 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 32 of 274

I am in San Francisci and my X1 app only shows a fraction of the shows recorded in my DVR. Can you look into it for me?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 33 of 274

shunsui wrote:

Thank you ComcastChad, do you know when it will be available to market?  Or do you know where I could look to find out? 

Its targeted for the 2H of 2015, i dont have a specefic date yet. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 34 of 274

Altec123 wrote:

I am in San Francisci and my X1 app only shows a fraction of the shows recorded in my DVR. Can you look into it for me?

Can you provide some specefic examples?  I only see two recordings that failed to record.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 35 of 274

I have the same issue as many on this thread. My Home DVR has many recorded shows, but the APP shows only 5 available. Tonight I sarted watching a show on my iPad before it was done recording and it now shows available, but the last three weeks are not. It seems like this app and network are still in beta testing. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 36 of 274

I am a Triple Play customer in Philadelphia, PA and just got my old Motorola HD DVR swapped for an X1 box on Saturday 3/21. I love the platform, but noticed that the shows I scheduled on the X1 box do not show up in the XFINITY TV app. The shows I recorded last night also don't show up in the app. Can you help?

Thanks!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 37 of 274

zejudge wrote:

I am a Triple Play customer in Philadelphia, PA and just got my old Motorola HD DVR swapped for an X1 box on Saturday 3/21. I love the platform, but noticed that the shows I scheduled on the X1 box do not show up in the XFINITY TV app. The shows I recorded last night also don't show up in the app. Can you help?

Thanks!

Sent your info to our engineering teams for investigation.. All of your cloud recordings are showing as unavailable. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 38 of 274

Lions2020 wrote:

I have the same issue as many on this thread. My Home DVR has many recorded shows, but the APP shows only 5 available. Tonight I sarted watching a show on my iPad before it was done recording and it now shows available, but the last three weeks are not. It seems like this app and network are still in beta testing. 

I sent your info to our engineering team to look at, there are several recordings showign as failed on your cloud recorder.. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 39 of 274

I am having the same issues with no dvr recordings showing. i dont know if i have cloud coverage in my area and i live in Cornelius, Oregon (outside Portland). Also when i try to watch live tv on my phone or computer the xfinity tv site keeps buffering and restarting. It worked fine last week but now it wont play.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 274

Hello ComcastChad,

I'm having somewhat similar issues, and calling the Tech line just created frustration and a dead end.  They flat out refused to escalate my concern.

My Xfinity X1 DVR has the Cloud Service activated.  All the shows recorded since the Cloud service was activated also show on the Xfinity TV App on my iPad and iPhone.  If I'm on WiFi, I can watch any of those recordings (those not Downloaded  -- see below) remotely on my iPad or iPhone, with only a minor 5-10 second delay to start playback.  That is my understanding of the way the Cloud DVR should work (recordings on my DVR that occured prior to activating the Cloud service DO NOT show up on the App -- but that is also what is expected, according the the press information on the Cloud service).

Within the TV App on my iPad, I Downloaded 10 shows to my iPad.  In the Recordings list and Downloads list, they show up, with "Downloaded" next to them, and the little Green Down Arrow.

However, Now, away from home, NONE of those 10 Downloaded shows will PLAY.  At all.  With a WiFi connection or not.

The only thing phone support could say is that all those recordings show as "recording failed".  And because of that, my issue could NOT be escalated.  End of support path.  

Since I'm away from home on vacation (the reason I downloaded some shows), I can't access the DVR directly until I get back.  A relative that is housesitting checked a few of the "downloaded" shows, and they show as unavailable for playback since they have been transferred to my iPad.

All seems to be working, except the Playback part of the Downloaded shows.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 41 of 274

cnvingltlbtch wrote:

I am having the same issues with no dvr recordings showing. i dont know if i have cloud coverage in my area and i live in Cornelius, Oregon (outside Portland). Also when i try to watch live tv on my phone or computer the xfinity tv site keeps buffering and restarting. It worked fine last week but now it wont play.

Cloud DVR is not launched in your market. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 42 of 274

My DVR has 73% full, but my apps only register 24% full. Do you want specific shows that are on the box and not on the app? There are quite a few.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 43 of 274

I have this same problem. Over 70% on DVR set top but only 32% full on TV app. None of the DVR'd programs recorded in MARCH that are on the set top box are listed as available on the TV app.

We serviced by Montgomery County/Pottstown, PA market and have had cloud services for several months.

How do I get these recorded programs available for "Take to Go" on my tablet?

Thank you.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 44 of 274

Hi! I'm in the Wilmington DE area and I've been having issues with most of my recorded shows NOT appearing in the app.  It's frustrating because this feature is one of the main reasons I upgraded to X1. Is there any update in when this issue will be resolved?  It's been happening for a long time and I keep hoping it will just be fixed but it never is! 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 45 of 274

Hi. I just received my X1 in West Hartford, CT, and noticed that my DVR recordings are not showing up in the app. Is this because it's not supported in my area as others have had? Thanks!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 46 of 274

crvolski wrote:

Hi. I just received my X1 in West Hartford, CT, and noticed that my DVR recordings are not showing up in the app. Is this because it's not supported in my area as others have had? Thanks!

Its available in your area and your account is set up correctly.  Sending to our support teams to investigate. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 47 of 274

Can you help us out? None of the programs recorded on our DVR since Feb are downloadable for "Take to Go". The recorded programs do not show as listed on the TV app.

Also receiving this error on several recordings that ARE listed on TV app: 'Could not create Download. There appears to be a problem with the manifest for this recording. Our video team has been alerted and is working to resolve issue.'

Also, many of the recordings show on the DVR as unavailable for mobile viewing.

We are serviced by Montgomery County/Pottstown, PA market and have had cloud services for several months.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 48 of 274

I am also having the same issue. No scheduled recordings or saved recordings are showing up in the X1 TV App. Have upgraded to an X1 box at the beginning of the month.

Posted by
Visitor
Visitor

Message 49 of 274

I have the same issue in San Francisco. Only a subset of recordings available on the TV and in DVR manager are showing up in the Xfinity TV app.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 50 of 274

laforgej wrote:

I am also having the same issue. No scheduled recordings or saved recordings are showing up in the X1 TV App. Have upgraded to an X1 box at the beginning of the month.

Are you still having issues?  It appears your account is set up correctly now.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.