New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR recordings not appearing in Xfinity apps

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

DVR recordings not appearing in Xfinity apps

I have 3 shows recorded on X1 DVR but only 1 show is showing as recorded when attempting to access cloud DVR from any of my mobile or PC devices. I already tried syncing my DVR via settings but still missing other recordings. Please help. Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR recordings not appearing in Xfinity apps

solracazem wrote:

I have 3 shows recorded on X1 DVR but only 1 show is showing as recorded when attempting to access cloud DVR from any of my mobile or PC devices. I already tried syncing my DVR via settings but still missing other recordings. Please help. Thanks

Are you still seeing this issue?  I checked your account and I see more than one completed recording showing on the app now.

View answer in context
Official Employee

solracazem wrote:

Are you still seeing this issue?  I checked your account and I see more than one completed recording showing on the app now.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I have been having the same problem I many recordings in my x1 box but only a few are available to be watched on p the TV app also I can't watch some channels live on my home network
Regular Visitor

It all appears to be working properly now. Thank you for the response

New Poster

Seeing the same issue.  Just downloaded the app, not seeing the recordings at all and i live in San Francisco.

New Poster

Hello Comcast I have the same issue I re download the app and sync it all but on my dvr it is more then the 29% full that my app shows are missing I even went home and left my phone on wifi next to the dvr please help me figure it out.
Thanks
Kevin G
Official Employee

kgourzis wrote:
Hello Comcast I have the same issue I re download the app and sync it all but on my dvr it is more then the 29% full that my app shows are missing I even went home and left my phone on wifi next to the dvr please help me figure it out.
Thanks
Kevin G

There is nothing wrong with your Wifi, there seems to be an entitlement issue with your account.   Its an issue on our back end, I will send your info over to our production support teams for investigation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

dirksen_peter wrote:

Seeing the same issue.  Just downloaded the app, not seeing the recordings at all and i live in San Francisco.

Your account is missing the cloud dvr codes, i sent a note to your local support teams to have the codes added.   Should be availabel shortly to you, please note you will only see newly scheduled recordings in the app, it does not sync with your exitsing recordings on your TV.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same issue here, too. Installed the X1 TV app a few days ago. DVR recordings showed up fine. No new recordings have appeared since. Help! In Hercules, CA.
New Poster

First, thanks to whomever fixed the app issue. Looks like my recordings are appearing now. However, now one program (Rachel Maddow) will not play. I've gotten a "Playback Error 500" and says there's a problem with the server on the last two recordings.. I can't download the program, either. Please help, thank you.
New Poster

Having the same issue. Only one recording showing on my ipad but my dvr is 31% full. New recordings don't show up
New Poster

Some of the shows on my DVR are not showing up on X1 app
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue as well, 12 recordings in the app, 30+ on my DVR

Service Expert

hrtgoeson wrote:

I'm having the same issue as well, 12 recordings in the app, 30+ on my DVR

I have the same number in my app, on the PC website, and on my X1 DVR.

I had this problem a few months ago.  I found old deleted recordings on the Cloud that weren't on my DVR.  I just deleted them with the online site and I haven't had the issue since then.

https://tv.xfinity.com/recordings

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

Rachael Maddox and Lawrence O'Donnell from MSNBC are not showing up or playing properly on my XfinityTV app
New Poster

I have the same problem. I downloaded the app on my iPad and the only a few shows recorded on my tv are showing up on the app.
New Poster

I have the same problem. I downloaded the app on a tablet and when I access via the web and only a few shows recorded on my tv are showing up on the app. This happened briefly a few months ago, but has now become permanent over the last month or so.

Service Expert

cryan1970 wrote:

I have the same problem. I downloaded the app on a tablet and when I access via the web and only a few shows recorded on my tv are showing up on the app. This happened briefly a few months ago, but has now become permanent over the last month or so.

Exactly which app and exactly which tablet?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I just rebooted everything and seems I can see the current DVR stuff on all my devices, however I know I had stuff on there yesterday that is no longer anywhere to be found. Seeing that it was only an HGTV program that I am sure I can hunt down, I will let it go...hopefully this does not continue to happen.

But just for sake of you question, it was on three different devices (2 tablets and a PC) Lenovo, Asus and HP PC on the xfinity TV app that I have been using successfully for quite some time.

Official Employee

cryan1970 wrote:

I just rebooted everything and seems I can see the current DVR stuff on all my devices, however I know I had stuff on there yesterday that is no longer anywhere to be found. Seeing that it was only an HGTV program that I am sure I can hunt down, I will let it go...hopefully this does not continue to happen.

But just for sake of you question, it was on three different devices (2 tablets and a PC) Lenovo, Asus and HP PC on the xfinity TV app that I have been using successfully for quite some time.

I'm glad you were able to get it working again. I see that you have 27 recordings on your physical DVR and the same number on your Cloud DVR so you should be in sync. 

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Same here. Only 2 or 3 of our DVR recordings are showing up in our apps. (Daughter's app/my app)
But I do want to say that this is a great app otherwise! My daughter and I are both very tickled with it! Well done Comcast!!!!!
New Poster

I'm also having this same issue with my iPad Air. Over 110 items on my DVD, but only one item showing up on the app. Any suggestions?

Regular Visitor

Same. Please fix. 

New Poster

Same thing here any help???
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue with missing recordings on xfinity stream app (or a pc browser) that are available on our DVR at home, can someone please fix or open a ticket to investigate?

New Poster

In the past we were able to access our DVR shows from our ipad and our phones, now the option (Recordings) does not even show up?  Any ideas?