Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR recording from a remote location

New Poster

DVR recording from a remote location

I used to be able to set a recording to my DVR at home from my computer at work. I could then watch the recording at home later. Now with the new tv guide set-up when you access your xfinity home page from a remote location, you can't set a recording to your DVR. Anybody know what happened. I talked to the tech on comcast live chat and I was escalated to four different individuals. None of them were able to help. I was told a technician would call within five hours, but no call ever came.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: DVR recording from a remote location

wshoulders3 wrote:

I used to be able to set a recording to my DVR at home from my computer at work. I could then watch the recording at home later. Now with the new tv guide set-up when you access your xfinity home page from a remote location, you can't set a recording to your DVR. Anybody know what happened. I talked to the tech on comcast live chat and I was escalated to four different individuals. None of them were able to help. I was told a technician would call within five hours, but no call ever came.

Can you set a recording on the web site from home? If you have cloud storage enabled on your account, you should be able to set recordings from home or away from home.

New Poster

Thanks. I'll try that.

Problem Solver

wshoulders3 wrote:

Do you have an X1 DVR at home? Only X1 DVRs can be programmed through the Xfinity TV portal, provided Cloud DVR is enabled on your account.

You can check if you have an X1 DVR by logging onto your account page, and viewing your devices(https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices). If one of them has one of these models numbers (MX011AN, PX001AN, PX013AN, AX013AN) then you have an X1 DVR.

If you don't have X1, you can use the Xfinity TV Remote smartphone/tablet app to program your DVR, although it is a horrible experience if trying to program multiple programs.

New Poster

Thanks for the info.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation