Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR problem

New Poster

DVR problem

Had the power go out yesterday, lost our ability to use the DVR, called the hotline and went through the reset steps after being on hold for 20 minutes, the DVR reset after 30 seconds and the TV came back on, but after 24 hours, still no control with the DVR, Xfinity works fine, TV channels work fine, just no use on the DVR.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR problem

your post is vague, do you mean you lost your ability to program the dvr over the internet or with an app?  if that is the case you can always go to the set up in your cable box and look for remote access set up and delete it and then start over.

New Poster

Not that vague really, the comment pops up that i have no control over the DVR and to contact comcast, I did after 20 minutes on hold and went through the whole reset of DVR process and was told that control of the DVR would return after 45 minutes, 24 hours later no control, no pause available, no recording available, cant see my programmed recordings, nothing. I was trying to avoid going through the whole process again.

Silver Problem Solver

It was vague to me.   We are customers here like you if your dvr is not working you need to call comcast we cannot fix your dvr for you. if you have unplugged to reset it that is all we can tell you to do. 

New Poster

I'm currently experiencing a similar issue.

I was in the middle of watching something I have recorded. It suddenly stopped and told me I don't have dvr available on my account.

When I press record, it looks like it's recording (in the guide. The little red dot), but gives me a message about "recording to vcr". I can access the dvr via the website, but when I try to add something to my record list, it too gives a message regarding "dvr not currently available".

Based on what little I've been able to find, something about "tell the customer service rep that the rates are wrong on the account". And if that fails, a tech can come out and "reset it", followed by telling the CSR supervisor to train their employees.

Sounds to me like removing the service from the account and readding it will resolve the problem.

Once upon a time, years ago, I was a tech support agent for comcast. That was the solution then. My guess is it will still work.

Calling them again now, as I've already power-cycled AND had them reset. And I'm going to be really ticked if I lose all my recordings AGAIN for the 3rd time in as many months.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation