Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR manager not working again.

Contributor

DVR manager not working again.

DVR manager was working fine again until today.  Now when I set something to record, I am getting this message and the recording is grayed out.  "Once we connect to your DVR, this program will be confirmed in your list and settings can then be modified."  I had this same problem several months ago and it took several techs out and finally the local head guy who came to my house and contacted someone in I think Utah.  They finally resolved it saying it had something to do with my zip code.  I've looked at the "change location" and my zip code 31520 is correct but it has New York for the time zone and won't stay on Eastern.  I don't know if that is the problem or not.  Also, as I was reading the board, I saw another thread with a ton of TBD issues.  I am having the same issues.  Even tomorrow night on CBS - 8pm.  Rather than Survivor I have TBD.  Any help in getting the DVR manager up and running again without a million phone calls to Comcast (most of their techs don't even know what DVR manager is) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Monique

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR manager not working again.

dixiebelle31 wrote:

DVR manager was working fine again until today.  Now when I set something to record, I am getting this message and the recording is grayed out.  "Once we connect to your DVR, this program will be confirmed in your list and settings can then be modified."  I had this same problem several months ago and it took several techs out and finally the local head guy who came to my house and contacted someone in I think Utah.  They finally resolved it saying it had something to do with my zip code.  I've looked at the "change location" and my zip code 31520 is correct but it has New York for the time zone and won't stay on Eastern.  I don't know if that is the problem or not.  Also, as I was reading the board, I saw another thread with a ton of TBD issues.  I am having the same issues.  Even tomorrow night on CBS - 8pm.  Rather than Survivor I have TBD.  Any help in getting the DVR manager up and running again without a million phone calls to Comcast (most of their techs don't even know what DVR manager is) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Monique

Try unplugging your box for a minute or so and then plug it back in.

I suggest you do this before you leave the house or before you go to bed. It takes some time for the grid to fully load and for the cable box to fully sync back up again.

After you have done this, please try again and let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Thanks, Joe.

I unplugged and waited awhile.  The box is booted back up but the DVR manager still isn't working.

dvr manager.jpg

Contributor

dvr manager.jpg

Official Employee

It can take up to 24 hours for the DVR Manager to sync back up.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

It's been 24 hours since I rebooted the box and still the DVR Manager is not working.  The last time this happened there was nothing I could do at my end nor anything the techs that Comcast sent out could do.  It was all some upper tier escalated thing.  Any advice on what to do next?  I really really really don't want to call the 800 Comcast # and talk to a bunch of people who don't know what I am talking about.  I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think the techs are trained to know what the DVR manager is.  I had to actually sit at my computer and show one tech what it was.

Thanks so much in advance!

Monique

Official Employee

dixiebelle31 wrote:

It's been 24 hours since I rebooted the box and still the DVR Manager is not working.  The last time this happened there was nothing I could do at my end nor anything the techs that Comcast sent out could do.  It was all some upper tier escalated thing.  Any advice on what to do next?  I really really really don't want to call the 800 Comcast # and talk to a bunch of people who don't know what I am talking about.  I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think the techs are trained to know what the DVR manager is.  I had to actually sit at my computer and show one tech what it was.

Thanks so much in advance!

Monique

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thank you!

Contributor

Hi again,

Is there any way to know if the team is still working on my problem?  The last I heard was a phone call on Thursday.  The woman tried some troubleshooting which didn't work.  She even logged into my account and tried recording which didn't work.  She said they would continue to look into it but it has been several days and I am wondering what is going on.

Thank you,

Monique

Official Employee

dixiebelle31 wrote:

Hi again,

Is there any way to know if the team is still working on my problem?  The last I heard was a phone call on Thursday.  The woman tried some troubleshooting which didn't work.  She even logged into my account and tried recording which didn't work.  She said they would continue to look into it but it has been several days and I am wondering what is going on.

Thank you,

Monique

It is still open and being worked on. I alerted them that you have not been contacted since 2/21.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thank you!

Contributor

I am beginning to think my DVR manager will never work again.  I can't imagine why it is taking so long to figure out what is wrong.  I still haven't heard a thing from Comcast since the call last Thursday.  Smiley Sad

Contributor

Now I am getting this message when I click on DVR manager.  But, it has been supposedly "syncing" for over 24 hours.

You're now ready to schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.

Syncing in Process

DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR.

Contributor

Any updates would be appreciated.  I feel sure it shouldn't take this long to sync.  Thank you

Official Employee

dixiebelle31 wrote:

Any updates would be appreciated.  I feel sure it shouldn't take this long to sync.  Thank you

Our team tried calling you on 3/2/13. Did they leave a message?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Hi there,

We were home all day on the 2nd.  We had friends over.  I just checked my caller ID from the 2nd and there were no calls from Comcast.  So, to answer your question, no there was no message left.

Thanks!

Monique

Official Employee

dixiebelle31 wrote:

Hi there,

We were home all day on the 2nd.  We had friends over.  I just checked my caller ID from the 2nd and there were no calls from Comcast.  So, to answer your question, no there was no message left.

Thanks!

Monique

They are expecting to follow up tomorrow via phone.

Thanks,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thank you.  I'll be sure to keep an ear/eye out for that call.

Contributor

I stayed home all day and carried the phone with me EVERYWHERE.  No call from Comcast.  I am really beginning to lose faith.  Smiley Sad

Contributor

The subconcious is an interesting thing.  Apparently this problem is bothering me more than I thought.  I dreamed last night that several people and I were staging a sit-in protest at the Comcast offices.  We were singing (to the tune of Give Peace a Chance) "All we are asking is, is fix our Comcast." 

According to my DVR manager, it is stilll syncing.  And I've received no phone calls.

Contributor

I had a Comcast rep (Paul) call today and said he was working on my issue.  Then he called back and said he needs to send a tech out to check something on Monday.  Ok fine... I've waited this long.  But NOW I just went to set my DVR for Grimm and my DVR service has been disabled.  After waiting on hold for over 30 minutes the phone tech did the same thing I already did (rebooted the box) and said he needs to escalate to a home visit.  What the heck???  The last time my DVR was disabled was when we upgraded our service and one of the ladies I spoke to was able to turn it back on over the phone with no problem.  If anyone is even bothering to read my posts anymore can you PLEASE see if you can get my DVR service back ASAP?  Sunday is major TV night in my house and we have to record several different shows in order to see it all.  This is so frustrating.

Thank you,

Monique

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  I can change channels with the web page and the iOS app, but I cannot schedule recordings with either.

I have tried 2 online chats and a phone call and nothing fixes the problem.  It was working fine up till a few weeks ago.

What gives?

New Poster

New Poster

Same issue cannot access my DVR manager. I was told I would get a call back with in 6 hours. It's going on 20 hours.
Contributor

So the tech came out today.  Nice guy but I asked him if he knew why he was here.  He said "Ummm something about your modem?"  Ummm no.  First off I asked him to please get the DVR back up in running.  What's he do?  Calls someone and they check the code and it comes back up.  I knew it didn't require a tech home visit to check.  Why can't Comcast hire phone tech people who actually know how to do their job?  So, at least I have my DVR service back.  Makes me wonder if it were deliberately turned off on Comcast's end because I was complaining about the DVR manager.  But, I am now back to where I was.  DVR working but no DVR manager.  I know it is a luxury to have but heck, when you are paying nearly $200 a month for services you should get some luxurys.  And ones that work.  The guy that came out today said he was sending in a ticket to Denver to the "10 pound brains" because it sounds like an issue on their end.

Contributor

Any way to know if my case is still opened and being looked into or am I just SOL as far as My DVR Manager?
Thank you for any reply,

Monique

Regular Visitor

same issue here as well...syncing in process for 4 days now.

Contributor

Yup, I've lost count of the days mine has been syncing.

Frequent Visitor

Bottom line: they just don't care!

Fios delivers app and online scheduling.

DirecTV does, too.

Comcast just doesn't care.

Contributor

I would just like a resolution.  Just tell me either "At this time we don't know what the problem is and can't fix it" or "We are still working on it."  It's frustrating not knowing.  And yeah, it's not something I absolutely need to have but I grew to love the convenience of it.  I could sit on a Sunday and schedule everything I wanted for the week in a matter of minutes.

Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation