Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR manager not working after X1 upgrade

Frequent Visitor

DVR manager not working after X1 upgrade

I had my legacy Xfinity TV service upgraded to X1 today and the DVR manager is no longer working. I get the following message from the website - "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 

unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." Screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 11.28.09 PM.png

The tech swapped out my old HD DVR with a new X1 HD DVR (PX001ANM) and the old standard HD box with a new standard X1 HD box (PR150BNM). Perhaps related, none of my premium channels are working on the new standard X1 HD box but they are working on the X1 HD DVR box.

Called customer service but they couldn't resolve either issue. Could someone help?

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR manager not working after X1 upgrade

Update - DVR Manager is now showing up on the XfinityTV portal and the list of devices match what I actually have in my house but there doesn't seem to be any connectivity between the site and my devices when I attempt to "SHOW NAME ON TV" from the XfinityTV site or "TEST" from the Xfinity Remote app on my phone.

Frequent Visitor

Could someone please help with this? X1 was installed a week ago today and my DVR is still not working right. I've called support multiple times, 3 tickets created, and have only received one call back from NASR without resolution.

Frequent Visitor

Problem fixed. Root cause was an activation issue. The support folks ran some cleanup against a number of accounts last Friday evening. As of Saturday, everything is working beautifully.

New Poster

What did they say the issue was and the fix? I am having the same issue and if I can tell them, maybe they can fix my issue too. Thx
Frequent Visitor

Sorry, I don't know any details beyond what I posted. Just call support and press for a resolution.
Contributor

I talked to 6 techs about this yesterday and no one could solve it.  When  I first got the x1 box it worked.  Then I moved 2 miles up the road and after they reinstalled it at the new place (same box), the DVR Manager won't work.  I'm getting that same "no compatible box" screen.  Now I'm online chatting, and this tech just said it's not compatible with the DVR manager, which is BS b/c it worked a week ago with this same box.  

Tags (1)
Contributor

ioreper wrote:

Problem fixed. Root cause was an activation issue. The support folks ran some cleanup against a number of accounts last Friday evening. As of Saturday, everything is working beautifully.

Which department did you talk to?  I have the same issue and everyone I've talked to or chatted with is clueless. 

Contributor

It's working now.  I'm not sure if it's b/c of my call, or b/c of ComcastTed escalating that ticket, but it's fine again.  

In one of my last calls, I had the sales department remove the box completely and then add the package back again.  I don't know if this is officially what fixed it, b/c it still didn't work for 3 hours after that happened, but now it's fine. 

Good luck to anyone else with this issue, b/c it's a huge pain to get it fixed (and it really shouldn't be).  

I would like to mention that Comcast's phone and chat support for this was staggeringly poor.  I was constantly transferred to different departments and every single time I had to detail the entire problem to a new person who 50% of the time had no idea what the issue was and transferred me to someone else that also had no clue what was going on.  

Even more frustrating was when I would finally get someone who seemed to know what was happening, and I'd get put on hold while they talked to someone in a different department about it.  When this happened, I would sit on hold for 10-15 minutes and then just get disconnected.  Since there's no way to actually get back to the person that was helping me, I would be back at the beginning of the process.  It was extremely frustrating.

Regular Contributor

Anyone else have any luck with this?  If so, how?

New Poster

same problem ,been passed around to each departmnt without reslolution.  I have had my X1 dvr replaced at least 3 times because it was not working.  Not i finally have one that does and I have 3 phantom dvr;s and my DVR manager is useless.  On hold again FML

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation