Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR how tot Manage

New Poster

DVR how tot Manage

I am trying to delete in bulk my dvr stuff online, so much easier... but I need to know the season and episode numbers. Why aren't they present when looking in the DVR manager online? Is there a way to enable them or see them in some way, when I click on whats been recorded it just gives my the channel number and the show summary. I want the season and episode number so I know I can delete it!

Problem Solver

Re: DVR how tot Manage

What you want is not there, and there is no way to add it.  The most you can do is click the "Feedback" link on the DVR Manager webpage, and let Comcast know what you would like to see added.

jeep0073 wrote:

I am trying to delete in bulk my dvr stuff online, so much easier... but I need to know the season and episode numbers. Why aren't they present when looking in the DVR manager online? Is there a way to enable them or see them in some way, when I click on whats been recorded it just gives my the channel number and the show summary. I want the season and episode number so I know I can delete it!

Problem Solver

Am I missing something?  The following is a snip from my DVR manager- All of my recordings display the items that I've highlighted and indicated.  This is my DVR online.

ciao, bj

DVR listing.PNG

Problem Solver

See, typical Comcast....one thing one place, another thing somewhere else. No season or episode info on mine.

DVR_Manager.jpg

Problem Solver

Interesting..  Are all of your recordings showing the lack of season & episode?

Unfortunately, I deleted Under the Dome from mine to compare.

FWIW, I'm using chrome browser in Win 7 machine..  IE11 browser shows S & E.  Also I do not have X1 or any other sort of additional "stuff" . Just a regular TV & DVR.  

ciao, bj

Problem Solver

It's kind of funny that this isn't even my issue.  I could care less if the episode and season info is shown.  I was just trying to help the OP, and give him some suggestions.  But since you asked, none of my recordings show season and episode info.  I've tried it on Chrome, IE, and the new Edge browser, on Vista, Win 8.1 and 10.

Oh, and here is an image for the same show you posted.  You can even see the differences in the layout of yours and mine.  I do have the X1 system, but not sure why that would cause this to be different.

Whispers.png

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

Oh, and here is an image for the same show you posted.  You can even see the differences in the layout of yours and mine.  I do have the X1 system, but not sure why that would cause this to be different.

Whispers.png

I have X1 and I see the same thing you do... maybe it's a quirk for those with X1 <????>

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Problem Solver

Not my issue either, but does present an interesting WHY??  So here  goes..

Did some checking around, pc vs. tv..    Appears that scheduling a program from the ONLINE guide, does not show series or episodes.  

Scheduling through the TV guide {on Tv} does show series & episode.

I went to the DVR manager {on TV}  chose sort, and scrolling through the listing of the titles, noticed that the Series # & Episode# were available, even tho they weren't showing in the ONLINE dvr manager.  

If you {the OP} down the list you could do your "bulk" deletions.  

Jeep0073, I hope this helps in some way..

Good Luck, ciao, bj

Problem Solver

Since I'm not at all familiar with the X1 system, I can't comment on it.  But I'll leave you  with the final recording of Under the Dome.  Both are set up as series recordings on my TV, through the Guide.  My TV Guide displays the season & episode as indicated by the following, does X1?

ciao, bj

dvr listing 9~4.PNG

Problem Solver

No, my "Under the Dome" does not include S&E info:

dome.png

The weird thing is all your show headings do not include the episode name (only the title repeated twice), while mine do.  You need to go into the details before you see the episode name, although once in you see the S&E info as well.  I really believe it is a regional thing.  Why Comcast can't be consistent is beyond me.  Maybe the OP needs to move to your neck of the woods so he can get the info he desires.

Problem Solver

I've sent a PM to ComcastNickM, he's online now so hopefully he'll take a look and see if he has anything constructive to offer.

ciao, bj

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation