Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

DVR and ON-DEMAND using Mozilla Firefox

ANSWERED
Contributor

DVR and ON-DEMAND using Mozilla Firefox

Is anyone else having an issue watching DVR or on-demand shows using Mozilla Firefox 55.0.3?  The shows are loading to the point where it shows the network's logo and the blinking three dots underneath it.  It's not timing out and there's no error code appearing.  This just started yesterday (Thursday).  It was working fine Wednesday.  It currently works in IE 11 and Edge so I don't know that it's necessarily a Comcast issue.  55.0.3 was downloaded on 8/28/2017 and my last Adobe Flash update was 9/14/2017 so it's worked since those updates.

Thanks.  

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR and ON-DEMAND using Mozilla Firefox

Just now (9/22) I went to menu, addons, plugins, and saw that "never activate" was selected for shockwave flash. I changed it to "always activate" and now firefox works fine.

Widevine and OpenH264(Cisco) should also be "always activate"

View answer in context
Tags (3)
New Poster

Yes, I am having the same issue. It started Wednesday (9/20)

I reinstalled firefox (64 bit). It still failed until I "refreshed" firefox (Menu, help (the ?), troublshooting, and then "refresh firefox". That worked until I closed the browser. When re-opened -thre cycling dots with logo. Then I installed adobe flash. It worked all evening -tonight (9/22) -three dots...

New Poster

Just now (9/22) I went to menu, addons, plugins, and saw that "never activate" was selected for shockwave flash. I changed it to "always activate" and now firefox works fine.

Widevine and OpenH264(Cisco) should also be "always activate"

Contributor

Thanks. I'll have to try that when I get home.
Contributor

Hey rjd,

It worked!  I did a refresh on Firefox.  Shockwave Flash, Widevine, and Cisco were already set to always activate.  I downloaded Flash again to be sure I had the latest version.  Xfinity had me re-add the laptop as a recognized device.  Thanks for the tips.  Much appreciated.   

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation