Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Remote: can it also play recorded shows?

New Poster

DVR Remote: can it also play recorded shows?

I find the literature a bit confusing while on one hand it says that I can use my Ipad as a remote control to my Comcast DVR, on the other I don't seem to be able to play or delete recorded shows on my DVR. Can you confirm that this feature is not available so I can stop reading and googling articles about the TV app and the features as they relate to DVR playback?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: DVR Remote: can it also play recorded shows?

You can't play DVR recordings on anything other than the TV it is connect to, or with AnyRoom DVR, other AnyRoom remote cable boxes.

The IOS app will not play or delete recordings on a DVR.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Let me try to clarify the question. I understand that I can't view a show I recorded on the DVR on my Ipad but I was trying to get the Ipad IOS app to be the remote control not only for channel changing but also for controlling the DVR (play, rewind, pause, stop, delete show) to play on the TV the DVR is connected to.

It seems logical since I can use the TV app to control the channel up and down of the cable box...

Thanks again

Herve

Silver Problem Solver

That functionality does not exist, the best you can do is change the channel.  There maybe some third party app that you might look into though, but that is not available through the comcast app

Official Employee

HDinJax wrote:

Let me try to clarify the question. I understand that I can't view a show I recorded on the DVR on my Ipad but I was trying to get the Ipad IOS app to be the remote control not only for channel changing but also for controlling the DVR (play, rewind, pause, stop, delete show) to play on the TV the DVR is connected to.

It seems logical since I can use the TV app to control the channel up and down of the cable box...

Thanks again

Herve

"I was trying to get the Ipad IOS app to be the remote control not only for channel changing but alsofor controlling the DVR (play, rewind, pause, stop, delete show) to play on the TV the DVR is connected to." - I am sorry but the app does not include controls for your DVR.
Our team is constantly working on adding and improving our applications. I will pass this idea along to our product team to consider for a future release of the app.
Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation