Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Playback on xfinity.com

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

I just started with X1 a little more than a month ago.  Most everything is going great, with this exception.

When I am watching a saved DVR program on my computer at xfinity.com on Chrome, there are several instances where it skips several seconds of the program.  Not fun to lose several lines of a program.  I have not had this problem if watching on a TV.

It has happened on several different recordings and I had hoped it was isolated, but does not seem to be.  Anyone know of a fix?

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

nightfly_dp wrote:

I just started with X1 a little more than a month ago.  Most everything is going great, with this exception.

When I am watching a saved DVR program on my computer at xfinity.com on Chrome, there are several instances where it skips several seconds of the program.  Not fun to lose several lines of a program.  I have not had this problem if watching on a TV.

It has happened on several different recordings and I had hoped it was isolated, but does not seem to be.  Anyone know of a fix?

I'm sorry you are having trouble. It is likely that your Cloud DVR recordings are corrupt (missing bits). Cloud DVR recordings are separate from those you watch on your physical DVR.  Does the same recording skip in the same spot consistently?  If so, that points to a corrupted file.  If you get skipping sometimes and not others, it could be poor network connectivity (usually fixed by restarting your modem or scheduling a home visit from Comcast).

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon