Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager

I have a Cisco RNG200N box that according to the DVR Manager software is not compatible thus unable to schedule or record programs from my mobile or computer.

I have been dealing with Xfinity/Comcast since 03-20-13 when I called to inquire about the box (Scientific Atlanta 8300). When I contacted Comcast via phone I was asked to go to the nearest office and exchange the box. I spent one hour and fifteen minutes waiting to exchange the box at the Lake Work, FL office.  After activating the new box I received the same message.  Back to the phone with Comcast, after several calls back and forth I was told that the new box was the problem to go back to the Lake Work office the next day in the afternoon to pick up a box that the representative said will be there waiting for me.  To please go in the late afternoon to give it time to get there.  I go there at 4:00 p.m. the next day and after another hour or so of waiting I was told that Comcast does not do that.  There was no box there for me.   I decided to drop the issue because I don’t have the time to get off work to deal with this outer lack of accurate information and knowledge about products or services offer by Comcast/Xfinity.

A couple of days later a box arrives via mail. Tried activating it for hours before I called for help. Again many phone calls later, activation signals, diagnosis, etc.  Well passed midnight a very helpful representative decided after trying all she could to schedule a service call because she could not fix the problem on her end.  At this point the new box  (Atlanta Scientific 8400 C) is not recoding at all, not to mention the quality of the image.  On April 1, the tech arrives and without doing anything tells me that he is not trained to do what I needed that I need to called Comcast and request a “red-shirt”, an internal Comcast tech to help me with my issue.   After his departure I immediately called Comcast and was told that the tech had misinformed me that all service calls are handled by subcontractors and there was no such thing as a “red-shirt” tech.  She apologized and rescheduled another appointment for Saturday April 3 between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.   At 5:09 p.m. on Saturday I called and the rep showed up one hour and five minutes late.  Again the same story, he did not even turn the box on, he game me the same story and the previous tech. He even called his supervisor and confirmed that a “red-shirt” was needed. 

After his departure I Comcast again and asked for a supervisor. A few calls later and a few disconnect. I speak to a supervisor who tells me that they on the Cable department were not able to solve my problem that I needed to select the option for the Internet since it was that department who handle the issue with the DVR Manager.   He game me a confirmation number (CR316493452). 

I spoke with the tech for the Internet issues and she had no clue how to help me. She transferred me to a “second tier” who would be able to help me since this was a server issue according to her. The transferred called was an automated system to send a signal and diagnose my Internet connectivity issue.

I’m going to call today again to try to resolve the issue.  But before I go on for another round, I figure maybe someone on this forum has more information and is able to help.

Any help is appreciated. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR Manager

that box is indeed capable but that does not mean your area is.   Go here and ask comcast ted if the service is in your area yet.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, that is good to know.  The service is available as one of my neighbotd has it and the DVR Manager page tells me it is.  Here is the message I get:

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Please refer to the FAQ or contact us at 1-800-COMCAST for assistance"

I'm not sure how to get the DVR Manager application to recognize the box.

Silver Problem Solver

The first thing you have to do is get it to work on your computer.  have you gone to the comcast activation page and actually activated the service?

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/set-dvr-recordings-from-your-computer/

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I tried that. While trying to activate the service I get the message mentioned above.

Thanks,

IGM123

Frequent Visitor

One more detail. I just went to browse the Equipment List and the new box is not listed there. There is a reference to the two old Scientific Atlanta boxes I no longer have.  How do I update the equipment list?

Thanks,

IGM123

Official Employee

IGM123 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response, that is good to know.  The service is available as one of my neighbotd has it and the DVR Manager page tells me it is.  Here is the message I get:

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

Please refer to the FAQ or contact us at 1-800-COMCAST for assistance"

I'm not sure how to get the DVR Manager application to recognize the box.

Your area is scheduled for a required software and firmware update that will automatically activate the DVR Manager feature.

We are finishing up some activation testing in your area which can create a false-positive message from our website like the one you posted.

Shouldn't be long now for your area of Florida. Thanks for your patience.

More details in this thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Any updates for South Florida?  I have been checking once a month and trying to set up my DVR manager only to get the same message: "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household".

Please, let me know.

Official Employee
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Is this upgrade completed? It is really frustrating. I receive an email like the one below once in a while, but still no DVR available.

Hi IGM123,

Thanks for sharing your concern with us. The Forums team has been made aware of your issue.

Please click here to view the reply.

Topic: DVR Manager

Subject: Re: DVR Manager
Reply from: crs-lost (Contributor)
Date: 12-13-2013 11:00 PM
Sincerely,

The Help and Support Moderation Team

Comcast Help and Support Forums sent this message to igm123@comcast.net.

Don't want to receive emails from us? Just click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation