Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager

New Poster

DVR Manager

I am trying to setup DVR Manager but keep getting an error message stating that the service is available in my area but comcast dost not recognize a compatible DVR.What should I do?

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR Manager

well that depends, is it available in your area and do you have a compatible box? what box do you have? If its motorola you have it, if its not you might not have it although it says you do, nice right, I know. All areas that are SA Cisco will have it by end of march comcast says.

so have you gone to the app and logged in with the primary account holders credentials?  

go here what does it say under manage cable boxes and dvr'[s

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

are you able to do anything with your computer?  it needs to be working there before the app. 

New Poster

When I went to that website and clicked manage TV and DVR,I got a message TV control is not activated for this account.When I clicked control your TV a little box popped up saying as soon as we identify your TV, you are all set to go.I then clicked get stated and nothing happened.

Silver Problem Solver

what cable box do you have??

New Poster

Motorola

Silver Problem Solver

most motorola boxes have dvr manager is it a dvr?   if you cant get it to work comcast needs to do something on your account.  happens all the time, something is set up wrong and they have to work their behind the scenes magic.  It does take up to 48 hours for the boxes to synch.   

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation