Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager??????

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager??????

I continue to receive this message when trying to access DVR Manager from your web site.."DVR Manager is available in your area.     However, we are
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." I called in and spent the day on hold with Comcast only to be disconnected 3 times while they tried to figure it out. I really hate Comcast any more. Will the modirator of this board tell me why I don't have all the correct access Like DVR amnager, caller ID on the tv screen, and remote viewing via the xfinity android app?????? My HOA needs to cut a deal with AT&T so I can cut comcast. THANKS FOR THE GREAT PHONE SUPPORT!!!!!

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: DVR Manager??????

I have been asking Comcast that very same question for 3 years. I have been assured on many occasions that a Comcast Supervisor/Manager would call me in (X) days/hours. I have yet to receive any answer to your question. I'll be watching to see what kind of reply you get.

bzbx

Silver Problem Solver

you need to post what your make and model cable box is.  I suspect you have SA cisco boxes as that market is being upgraded to get those features.  If you have a compatible cable box and the service is available in your area then its going to be an issue with your account on comcasts end.

I will tell you this, you need to have caller id on your tv and shop hsn interactive channel before you can get dvr manager.  if you have not been upgraded with these features yet comcast says you should be by the first half of the year.

Post here your specific area and comcast ted will respond with an expected roll out date for your area.

there is no remote viewing of your tv via any app, all you can watch is on demand type programming, if that was what you meant.  

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Frequent Visitor

I have two Cisco RNG200's. I live in the unincorporated lake Worth Florida area. 

Silver Problem Solver

post in the thread I posted in my last response to you comcast ted can better tell you when your area is due to be upgraded. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Features for Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco Cable Boxes

Ted, I was directed to you from another forum I am posting my original complaint.....

I continue to receive this message when trying to access DVR Manager from your web site.."DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." I called in and spent the day on hold with Comcast only to be disconnected 3 times while they tried to figure it out. I finally gave up calling, only to have to start all over in line again. I also don't have caller I'd on the tv land very limited functionality on the Xfinity app. Depending on your answer here, it may be thine for uVerse or Directv. 

I live in the 33467 zip code and have two Cisco RGN200's. what I was able to get from tech support is that I should have these features, then I would be placed on hold, then ultimally, disconnected. 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: New Features for Scientific-Atlanta/Cisco Cable Boxes

jwilson,

you are posting in the wrong place, in my response to you I indicated to you to click the link I posted and post there, I thought it was pretty clear, but I guess not. so here it is again.   click the link below and post your question there not here. see if this works.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Contributor

I am in Midtown Memphis and have been hearing about the wonders of the Xfinity upgrades through emails and TV ads for 3 years (promises unkept?). I have been told on numerous occasions that no one at Comcast has a waterfall schedule for the rollout of the promised Xfinity upgrades, which strikes me as disingenuous at best. I am still waiting for a supervisor or manager to respond to a Supervisor Escalation Call Back ticket number that Comcast sent a technician out for a "customer with no service" trouble call instead. I was told that the years old (5?, 7?) RNG200 DVR we have had ongoing problems with is the most technologically advanced cable box Comcast has.

If Comcast Ted can answer even the first of these issues as you promised, I will be amazed and pleased.

bozbeck@comcast.net

PS - We have one RNG200 and one SA 8300HD which was sent as a supposed upgrade to an RNG200. We were sent 2 of the 8300HDs, but one was DOA. We do not have caller ID on the TV although I have requested information on how to get it.

rog286713 wrote:

you need to post what your make and model cable box is.  I suspect you have SA cisco boxes as that market is being upgraded to get those features.  If you have a compatible cable box and the service is available in your area then its going to be an issue with your account on comcasts end.

I will tell you this, you need to have caller id on your tv and shop hsn interactive channel before you can get dvr manager.  if you have not been upgraded with these features yet comcast says you should be by the first half of the year.

Post here your specific area and comcast ted will respond with an expected roll out date for your area.

there is no remote viewing of your tv via any app, all you can watch is on demand type programming, if that was what you meant.  

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation