Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager

I have trouble with the DVR manager online recording. I use it only from work if I forget to record something that's airing the same day. I've done it like 10 times so far and it has only been succesful once. 1 out of 10 is bad. My question is how long does it take for the online thing to sync with you DVR??? If 3 hours are not enough, then the thing is useless!!!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager

emarie7 wrote:

I have trouble with the DVR manager online recording. I use it only from work if I forget to record something that's airing the same day. I've done it like 10 times so far and it has only been succesful once. 1 out of 10 is bad. My question is how long does it take for the online thing to sync with you DVR??? If 3 hours are not enough, then the thing is useless!!!

It should not take that long. Half hour before it starts should be plenty of time.

When you set a recording online, do you get a message that it was successful? Does it appear on your online DVR Manager?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager

Normally I get the message that it was sent to DVR and it will be confirmed once the contact with DVR has been made and shown in the listings but then it never shows. I tried it this morning and it worked but I can't rely on it when I need it.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation