Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager w/ Merged Accounts = Cannot Create/Edit Recordings

New Poster

DVR Manager w/ Merged Accounts = Cannot Create/Edit Recordings

Hoping a rep or someone who has seen this issue before can speak up..

I recently moved house, and was surprised to learn that it is Comcast policy to create a new account rather than simply change an address on an account. Upon receiving the new account number, I took advantage of the ability to add an account number to my Comcast/Xfinity online sign-in profile.

Unfortunately, it appears that this means I can no longer access my saved programs via DVR Manager, as it's still looking for my old, non-existant DVR storage. I can't 'switch' to the new account for my DVR Manager (via activation) as it believes that I am already activated.

The kicker is that remote control ("watch now") *does* work as intended at my new address. So it at least can see my DVR. I just can't schedule/edit any recordings online.

I spent about two hours with an online chat rep to resolve the issue, but it ultimately ended up being beyond their capability to fix (according to them, the issue is that you cannot merge accounts if you plan to use DVR Manager - you must create an entirely new sign-in profile, and abandon your old username(s)

Yikes.  Smiley Sad

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation