Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager unable to sync

New Poster

DVR Manager unable to sync

I'm trying to run DVR manager. After I log in, I get a message stating "Syncing in Process." It never completes the sync. The blue arrow circle doesn't move, implying that it is hung up somewhere. My DVR is turned on. Any suggestions?

I've tried this on iPad2, PC IE 8 and PC Chrome 18. Results were the same.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager unable to sync

RedWingsScott wrote:

I'm trying to run DVR manager. After I log in, I get a message stating "Syncing in Process." It never completes the sync. The blue arrow circle doesn't move, implying that it is hung up somewhere. My DVR is turned on. Any suggestions?

I've tried this on iPad2, PC IE 8 and PC Chrome 18. Results were the same.

Our team is looking into this for you. I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Is there a fix for this.  Ive been on the phone with tech support.  Spent no fewer than 5 hours on hold an transfer an no one seems to have an answer.

Whats the deal?

Regular Visitor

Having the same problem for the past week after having no problems for over a year of use. Technical support was difficult to reach. They told me that they reset the DVR  (Comcast ticket #CR291145258) and that it would now be working. It isn't. To bad it doesn't work anymore and no one can fix it.

Regular Visitor

I've been on the phone all morning with technical support, and they have agreed to escalate my request for technical support on the "DVR Manager Won't Synch with DVR" problem. They promise that someone will call me within 24 hours.

Frequent Visitor

Well I guess just like speaking with customer service posting on this site is an utter waste of time.

No one from comcast will even respond to the issue and I know they ready and monitor these forums.

And they wonder why they get the reputation they have.

You can call it Xfinity and play all of the warm and fuzzy commercials you want.....when you put lipstick on a pig.....its still a pig

Official Employee

bagmanleg wrote:

Well I guess just like speaking with customer service posting on this site is an utter waste of time.

No one from comcast will even respond to the issue and I know they ready and monitor these forums.

And they wonder why they get the reputation they have.

You can call it Xfinity and play all of the warm and fuzzy commercials you want.....when you put lipstick on a pig.....its still a pig

A ticket is open for your issue. When I know more, I will update this thread.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Same problem here! 

New Poster

My DVR Manager is also stuck on Syncing in Process and has been so for more than a week.  I finally had some free time to call the problem in tonight and the CSR didn't really know what to tell me other than to unplug the box for a minute.  No dice.  Any help would be appreciated.

Official Employee

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Joe,

Two Comcast reps called earlier while I was at work and one of them left a voicemail saying that Comcast had the wrong information on file for my DVR and they went ahead and changed that, as well as resetting my DVR.  They said DVR Manager would work after six hours, but now, more than 10 hours later, it's still stuck on "Syncing in Process" when I log into Xfinity.

It seems like maybe the problem is not with the DVR, but perhaps just the online account needs to be reset so I can try to set up DVR Manager anew?

Anyway, thanks for your help and for passing my problem along!

Regular Visitor

Same problem here.  If I need to forward along my personal information via PM, I will gladly do so.

Thank you!

Official Employee

GaMom74 wrote:

Same problem here.  If I need to forward along my personal information via PM, I will gladly do so.

Thank you!

What are the make and model of your set-top boxes?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Got a voice mail from someone at Comcast and said that DVR manager is not available in my area.  This is NOT true as I had it before in the same house and worked perfect!  I left Comcast to Directv, kept my HSI, then went back to Comcast for my TV and had the same equipment re-installed (different serial numbers) and now nothing but "sync in process" for over a week now.  Xfinity TV app for iPhone says DVR 100% full (when it's not) and can only communicate with one terminal. All others say "Request error, please try again" and this is how its been since my install.  Again, everthing used to work 3 months ago when I had my first install.  I have (1) Cisco RNG-200N and (3) Cisco 150N boxes with AnyRoom DVR service.  Hope you can fix this for me and the rest of us!!!

New Poster

Motorola DCT6412 III

Official Employee

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Both boxes are Motorola DCT6412
Official Employee

GaMom74 wrote:
Both boxes are Motorola DCT6412

I am sorry but they are not compatible with the DVR Manager service.

Call your local Comcast Service Center and see if you are available to swap your box with a compatible one.

Go here to see the list of compatible boxes:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/requirements-for-dvr-manager/

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

This is the funniest, yet saddest, thread ever.  It only took Comcast a little over five months to reply with "help".  And the "help" was to call our local Comcast Service Center!!  I have no idea how to reach Comcast locally, btw, but whatever!

Regular Visitor

Unfortunately, my local Comcast does not offer a different box.  My service area is one of those that is different from the rest of the Comcast world (not sure why).  I can't even get all of the channels offered by Comcast everywhere else.  It's really sad.  I wish someone in the corporate office would give the green light to update my service area so that we are on par with every other Comcast service area.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having this problem too. DVR Manager on the web says syncing in progress and it has been like that for over 2 days. The mobile app says that the DVR is 100% full but in reality it is only 2% full. I can't schedule recordings from the mobile app or via DVR Manager on the web, but I can program the DVR just fine from home using the remote. I also can't control the DVR with the mobile app (i.e. change the channel, etc.) -- it says it cannot connect. However, I can control my other non-DVR HD box with the mobile app. I saw people mention about resetting the DVR... how do you do this?

Official Employee

RonaldSpitz wrote:

I'm having this problem too. DVR Manager on the web says syncing in progress and it has been like that for over 2 days. The mobile app says that the DVR is 100% full but in reality it is only 2% full. I can't schedule recordings from the mobile app or via DVR Manager on the web, but I can program the DVR just fine from home using the remote. I also can't control the DVR with the mobile app (i.e. change the channel, etc.) -- it says it cannot connect. However, I can control my other non-DVR HD box with the mobile app. I saw people mention about resetting the DVR... how do you do this?

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Maybe this will help... I wasn't previously able to control the TV my DVR is connected to (i.e. change the channels) with the iphone app, but that changed over Saturday/Sunday and now I can change the channels with the iphone. However, the app still says DVR 100% full and I still can't schedule or manage recordings with the iphone app. Does this possibly mean the syncing is ongoing but hasn't completed?

Frequent Visitor

Comcast called me and said that the Scientific Atlanta and Cisco boxes (I have the Cisco RNG200n) are not compatible in my market with DVR manager. I can use DVR manager on the web or mobile app to change the channel, but not to schedule or manage recordings. This is a future capability that is being tested in other markets first.

It seems very odd to me that this capability works in some markets but not others. I'd think that if it works with the box, then it shouldn't matter what market you're in. Guess I'll just have to wait until it's available in my market.

Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  I got a call saying DVR Manager is not available in my area, even though I spoke with a Comcast rep who said he has it, is in my area, and it works great.  Online just shows:

You're now ready to schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.

Syncing in Process

DVR Manager is currently syncing with your DVR.

iPhone and iPad say DVR 100% full.  I have the RNG200N with the 2.0 Guide and AnyRoom DVR. 33458 (Jupiter, FL)

Frequent Visitor

I'm in the same county as you (Boca Raton, 33487), and I also have the RNG200N with the 2.0 Guide and AnyRoom DVR. The lady that called me did seem pretty knowledgeable about it, as opposed to the people you speak to when you call for customer service. I wish there was a definitive answer on if it is available or not, and if not, when?

Please let me know if you make any headway here since I'm in the same situation as you, and also in Palm Beach County.

Contributor

Will do.  Guy I spoke with first said he is in WPB and it works great.  Fingers crossed it's just a system issue that will clear out.

Contributor

Having the same problem!  I also live in WPB, FL and everything used to work fine.  After getting Comcast Anyroom back after a brief time with Directv, now DVR will not sync, (DVR syncing icon just stays solid blue), can't control or schedule recordings from iphone/iPad app, DVR says 100% full on xfinity tv app!  I HOPE someone can help.  All of this used to work!  Very frustrated!

Official Employee

Cptlarry wrote:

Having the same problem!  I also live in WPB, FL and everything used to work fine.  After getting Comcast Anyroom back after a brief time with Directv, now DVR will not sync, (DVR syncing icon just stays solid blue), can't control or schedule recordings from iphone/iPad app, DVR says 100% full on xfinity tv app!  I HOPE someone can help.  All of this used to work!  Very frustrated!

Our team left a message for you on 9/6. Did you receive it?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Everything seems to be working again. When I started having these problems last July the fix required a visit from my local repair person who was able to make a connection with high level support in Colorado. The folks in Colorado seem to be key to solving these technical problems. Unfortunately there was no record of what the problem was or how it was repaired. Therefore when the problem reoccurs, we have to go through all this frustration again
Contributor

Got a message saying DVR Manager not supported on my RNG200N. That is NOT true as it worked before. Plus my neighbor has exact same set up and all works fine.
Official Employee

Cptlarry wrote:
Got a message saying DVR Manager not supported on my RNG200N. That is NOT true as it worked before. Plus my neighbor has exact same set up and all works fine.

We are re-opening this ticket. I will update you when I know more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

I just got a call from someone at Comcast who said that even though I have AnyRoom DVR and Guide 2.0, DVR Manager isn't available in our area, and that's why it doesn't work.  This is contrary to everything else I've read where if you have AnyRoom you have DVR Manager.  Either comcast.com is incorrect, or the tech support person is.  Annoying either way.

Contributor

I logged on to DVR Manager after work today and Viola!!!  It's working now.  Guess it takes a week to sync.  Working on the iPhone as well.  The tech who called me obviously didn't know what she was talking about.

So this is a confirmed instance of DVR Manager working in Palm Beach County.

Contributor

Still waiting for mine to start working!  Have all the same issues you had Scott.  Hope who fixed yours will fix mine!

Contributor

ComcastTeds said they had to make some mods to my account.  Perhaps that's what got it working.  And even though I can see my recordings in DVR Manager now, they don't seem to be syncing down to the DVR, though maybe that process takes a little while.

Here's the thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/How-long-does-it-take-to-Sync-DVR-Manager/td-p/...

Contributor

Thanks for the reply Scott.  I read your thread and hope comcastTeds can handle my issue as I am getting no results from anyone else! 

Contributor

you may want to send a PM or post a thread in that forum since it doesn't look like he monitors this board.  And he locked my thread so you can't reply to it.

Frequent Visitor

Joe - could you please have someone make the same corrections and modifications to my account as they did to scottuf's account. We live in the same county and I would think that if it is working for him, it should work for me. Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

RonaldSpitz: ComcastTeds received your PM and is working on your issue with our team. Someone will reach out to you shortly.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

It appears to be working for me now both on the web and on the mobile app. This is awesome! I'm glad you guys were able to help. I really appreciate it!

Contributor

Glad you got it.  I've noticed that scheduled recordings still aren't working their way back down to the DVR, even though everything seems to show up online.  Let me know if it's working both ways for you.

New Poster

I also am having a problem with the DVR Manager.  DVR Manager on the web says syncing in progress and it has been like that for 2 days.  I can't schedule recordings from the mobile app or via DVR Manager on the web, but I can program the DVR just fine from home using the remote. The mobile app does, however, allow me to change the channel.  But that's it.  

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, I hope I didn't speak too soon before going home to check my DVR. I did notice that now I can get into parts of DVR Manager which weren't available before, and recordings which I scheduled on my DVR are now showing up online. I was also able to delete a recording off my DVR from the web site. Will check again once home this evening.

Official Employee

ironcurls wrote:

I also am having a problem with the DVR Manager.  DVR Manager on the web says syncing in progress and it has been like that for 2 days.  I can't schedule recordings from the mobile app or via DVR Manager on the web, but I can program the DVR just fine from home using the remote. The mobile app does, however, allow me to change the channel.  But that's it.  

I am sorry but the boxes that you have are not compatible with the DVR Manager.

Please contact your local Comcast Service Center and ask them if they have any compatible boxes available to swap out.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Joe, thank you for looking furthur into the issues I am having.  I'm sure it's some kind of rate code issue as others were having and got them corrected.  Looking forward to having my issues resolved.

Frequent Visitor

scottuf wrote:

Glad you got it.  I've noticed that scheduled recordings still aren't working their way back down to the DVR, even though everything seems to show up online.  Let me know if it's working both ways for you.

I'm having the same problem. The syncing finally completed and now I can make all sorts of changes online or with the mobile app but they don't show up on the DVR. Did this start working for you yet? Seems like I'm almost there but not quite...

Contributor

Still not working.  Ted said he is having the team work on it.

Regular Visitor

SECOND REQUEST:  Joe, OR ANYONE, could you please tell me how I get removed from email notifications re this forum.  I've looked everywhere for the answer.  The only option I find removes my email address from Comcast.  I don't want it removed because it notifies me of billing, I just want to stop receiving emails re all these forum comments.  I'll never write in a Comcast forum again, that's for sure.  Thank you.

Official Employee

Sandy100 wrote:

SECOND REQUEST:  Joe, OR ANYONE, could you please tell me how I get removed from email notifications re this forum.  I've looked everywhere for the answer.  The only option I find removes my email address from Comcast.  I don't want it removed because it notifies me of billing, I just want to stop receiving emails re all these forum comments.  I'll never write in a Comcast forum again, that's for sure.  Thank you.

Please see this thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Unsubscribe-to-threads/td-p/1416591

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.