New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager unable to access DVR data after TV remote App upgrade on Ipad

New Poster

DVR Manager unable to access DVR data after TV remote App upgrade on Ipad

Problem:

I used to use  the DVR manager on the iPad TV Remote app all the time. 

I have three DVR's - one model ASTB-0x804 and two model ASTB-0x805

All three DVR's are working normally other than the unability to access them using the DVR manager

After the ipad TV Remote app upgrade, I am unable to access the data on or set a recording on the the 805 model DVR's.  The 804 model DVR works fine.

Other Info:

All three DVR's have the same S/W and Firmware versions currently installed

No changes at all have been made to the home network

There is only one subnet on my home network.

Version Information:

TV Remote app version:  1.18.0 (8f56874)

DVR S/W version for all 3 DVR's:  80.48-a30.1210.r-27

DVR Firmware version: 24.37

Trouble shooting I have done thus far:

1.  Cleared Cache and Cookies, and Application Data for the TV Remote app on the on Ipad

2.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the ipad app

3.  reboted the entire network (i lost power last night in a large storm, so this was actually done twice.)

4.  Logged out and into ipad TV Remote app.

5.  All testing was done on both an Ipad 2 an Ipad 3

I am able to see and select all three DVR's from the TV Remote app.

When I access the DVR manager from the ipad Xfinity TV Remote app, I get the following bad data when I select either of the two 805 model DVR's:  

My Recordings: = "There are no recordins available to watch on the" <name of my DVR>

Scheduled Recordings = Thee are no recordings scheduled in the next 14 days.....

To be clear, I am only getting this bad data on the two 805 model DVR's.  The one 804 model DVR is working fine with the DVR manager options on the ipad TV Remote app.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I just spent 37 minutes trying to get assistance from Comcast tech support, and after 37 minutes at level 1 support trying to explain what the DVR manager app WAS, they connected me to Signature Support where a very nice gentlmen offered to help me get my Ipads connected to the internet for an extra fee.... No, he was not at all familiar witht the DVR Manager app, and his enthusiasm to sell me on the value of his paid support services was undeterred by my explanation that my ipads (all of them) were able to access the internet just fine.

Thanks for any help - would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation