New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager stopped syncing

I have 2 DVR’s that used to work very well with DVR Manager thru both the Iphone app and The PC (MYDVR). About 3 weeks ago I could not schedule recordings on either DVR (Both RNG200). I can display the dvr names on the TV, switch channels, Watch a recording on the TV initiated from either the app or the PC. BUT I cannot schedule a show thru the app. The info that the app says about each DVR is way out of date. If I delete a show it deletes from the app but not the DVR. It says I have no shows scheduled.

I contacted Comcast and was bumped to tier 2. I talked to a tech on Dec 1 and 2. Who was working on the problem. He tried something and called me back I tried the apps again but still does not work. I called him back left a message but have not heard from him since.

I initiated another call and received a new ticket # on Sunday Dec 7th. It is now wed dec 10 still no call back.

Someone PLEASE HELP>>........

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR Manager stopped syncing

The problem has been fixed. I want to thank Dan (tier2 tech). He stayed with the problem continually and kept me updated often. Comcast need more people like this... A advanced tech Robert contacted me last night said they made some changes and he then did a HARD init of both DVR's. It didn't work after that but 14 hours later this morning the DVR's are now syncing, and I can schedule recordings remotely now. Dan called me this morning to check with me to see if the problem is fixed. He tested this morning and also found it ok.

Thanks for the help and Again I want to single out Dan as a tech that does a great job.....

Bill 

View answer in context
Official Employee

b-user wrote:

I have 2 DVR’s that used to work very well with DVR Manager thru both the Iphone app and The PC (MYDVR). About 3 weeks ago I could not schedule recordings on either DVR (Both RNG200). I can display the dvr names on the TV, switch channels, Watch a recording on the TV initiated from either the app or the PC. BUT I cannot schedule a show thru the app. The info that the app says about each DVR is way out of date. If I delete a show it deletes from the app but not the DVR. It says I have no shows scheduled.

I contacted Comcast and was bumped to tier 2. I talked to a tech on Dec 1 and 2. Who was working on the problem. He tried something and called me back I tried the apps again but still does not work. I called him back left a message but have not heard from him since.

I initiated another call and received a new ticket # on Sunday Dec 7th. It is now wed dec 10 still no call back.

Someone PLEASE HELP>>........

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. In reviewing your account I do see that Dann W. is assigned to and is working your issue. I have asked that Dann contact you directly to provide an update.

Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

The problem has been fixed. I want to thank Dan (tier2 tech). He stayed with the problem continually and kept me updated often. Comcast need more people like this... A advanced tech Robert contacted me last night said they made some changes and he then did a HARD init of both DVR's. It didn't work after that but 14 hours later this morning the DVR's are now syncing, and I can schedule recordings remotely now. Dan called me this morning to check with me to see if the problem is fixed. He tested this morning and also found it ok.

Thanks for the help and Again I want to single out Dan as a tech that does a great job.....

Bill 

Official Employee

b-user wrote:

Bill 

Thanks again for your patience. Glad that Dann was able to get this resolved for you. I have passed along your kind words to Dann and his management. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation