New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager showing someone elses DVR

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager showing someone elses DVR

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I have 2 boxes with DVR in my home.  When I view them through the DVR manager, one box shows accurately.  But my second box is not listed.  Instead I have a DVR listed that belongs to someone else.  I view the programs and scheduled recordings on there, and they are not programs I recorded or scheduled, and the recordings are not programs that are recorded on my DVR.   When I try to do the excercise where the name of the DVR will appear on the TV screen it never appears.  It appears as though someone elses DVR is on my account, and I imagine mine might be on someone elses. I have asked Comcast about this and they can't figure it out.  I have tried everything short of just exchanging the box altogether, which I'd rather not do, since it's really not that big of a deal.  Just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR Manager showing someone elses DVR

Have you tried signing out of the app and then back in.?

Frequent Visitor

Yes I have tried that.  I tried unplugging the box, etc.  All the usual tricks.

Frequent Visitor

The strange thing is that every time I try to use the app and view whats on that DVR, it's just reruns of Family Guy or other cartoons, nothing new.  Comcast hasn't been able to fix it, so i will occasionally delete something of this poor persons DVR in hopes that THEY also complain and someone figures it out.

Silver Problem Solver

when you call them do they ask you for the serial number of the box? 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, and the correct equipment appears on my account.  The only place it doesn't appear is in the DVR Manager.

Silver Problem Solver

weird, now watch someone else post recordings on my dvr are just disappearing.

Official Employee

bcush1 wrote:

I have 2 boxes with DVR in my home.  When I view them through the DVR manager, one box shows accurately.  But my second box is not listed.  Instead I have a DVR listed that belongs to someone else.  I view the programs and scheduled recordings on there, and they are not programs I recorded or scheduled, and the recordings are not programs that are recorded on my DVR.   When I try to do the excercise where the name of the DVR will appear on the TV screen it never appears.  It appears as though someone elses DVR is on my account, and I imagine mine might be on someone elses. I have asked Comcast about this and they can't figure it out.  I have tried everything short of just exchanging the box altogether, which I'd rather not do, since it's really not that big of a deal.  Just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Apologies for this issue. I have opened a ticket on your account and engaged the right teams so that we can get this resolved. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

bcush1 wrote:

I am told that this should now be corrected for you.

Apologies for the issue and thanks for letting us know about it. Please let me know if this is now working as designed now.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

ComcastTeds,

It appears to be working as it should be now.  Thanks so much fo taking care of this for me.  It was more a nuisance than anything.   Not a major issue, but still an issue that was annoying me.    I spent an hour on the phone with a tech who couldn't figure it out.  Do you know what caused this?

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation