Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager - "No Compatible Devices" message

New Poster

DVR Manager - "No Compatible Devices" message

Been trying for weeks to use Xfinity App but get the "No Compatible Devices found" message. The DVR is Compatible (Cisco 200) and I verified the service is in my area. Finally called Comcast tonight, waited on hold, got the option to get a call back, and when they called back and took all my info again, told me they they couldn't help and gave me another number for "Signature Support". Called that number and after entering all my info again, listening to all the commercials, got a message they were too busy and I would have to call back another time. I tried two more times after reviewing all the blogs, but  to no avail. I think I'm finally done with Comcast. This is why people want to "cut the cord". What an unbelievable waste of my time!

Figured I would try leaving a msg here as a final and last resort. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm sure it's a simple setting somewhere, but getting help from the people I pay money to every month is apparently asking too much. Thanks for any help/suggestions anyone might have. BeeJayJr.

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: DVR Manager - "No Compatible Devices" message

The first question is have you received the new guide 2.0 on your Cisco box?  Until that happens you will not get the web apps and other new features to work.

Guide 2.0 deployment is still underway until the end of the year.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

No, I have not gotten the new guide. If the website, or the person I spoke to on the phone would have told me that, I wouldn't have wasted all that time. I'll probably be gone by the time that happens. I don't think they realize how many alternatives exist these days. 

If my company operated that poorly, I'd really be worried about my job.....

Thanks for your help, Jay.

Much appreciated.

BeeJayJr

New Poster

You should have the right guide, it's not version 2.0, but it is the S26 version which is compatible.

I have an open issue with Comcast, there is a percentage of the CT market that is not receiving the new service and they are presumably trying to fix the problem.

I have also been waiting for the guide, hopefully they will fix the problem for those of us who cannot access it soon.

Good luck.

New Poster

Having the same issue here in Panama City, FL.  This was my primary reason for switching to Comcast, after having recently purchasing a new Ipad and them advertising I'd be able to program my DVR from any location.  It's been over 15 months and I STILL can't.  I feel like I've been paying over a year for services I can't use.  Seems like every person I talk to gives me a different reason (excuse). 

Regular Visitor

same problem here in Monroe, La. so sad to see they have what they need to do it, so why not give us a way to upgrade the firmware ourselves? it's even worse, I had to actualy order the newer voice/internet modem, just so I would have something that would give me more of the internet speed I have been paying for. So many other service carriers have a app to program the dvr's by smart phone/tablets, why is xfinity so hard to upgrade things? If this keeps up, I might have to consider other carriers for my services.a real comparison of their services would be a windows 7 computer that only has windows 3.0

that is not what I am blowing a ton of money for.

Regular Visitor

oh, by the way, the saddest part of it all, I sent a email to their support department 3 weeks ago and still no reply. Guess I really don't matter. Wonder if I will matter when I take my $188 a month services and go somewhere else??? Probably not, but I will take everyone I know with Comcast/Xfinity servies with me.