Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager not working from website or mobile app

New Poster

DVR Manager not working from website or mobile app

Unable to manage my DVR from the Xfinity website or the mobile App. Both worked previously with the same account and equipment. The website DVR manager says "syncing in progress, please wait 24 hours." I have waited over 24 hours and have power cycled the DVR with no luck. Have also contacted customer service twice. The first rep sent "hits" to the box and told me to wait another 24 hours...nada. The second rep today recommended getting a new DVR box if the power cycle didn't work. I wasn't home at the time, so when I got home I power cycled it and since then I have waited about an hour, still nothing. Regarding swapping boxes, I don't want to lose my recordings and settings...its a pain, I've had to do it before. It would be nice if there were a way to back up the recorded programs and settings so this kind of thing isn't such a hassle. I think I have an idea for a new thread Smiley Wink

Thanks in advance,

Ray

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR Manager not working from website or mobile app

I have the same problem,  not only does mydvr not work, but now i can't change the channels on my android or web on any of my cable boxes.  all are no longer compatible cable boxes.

2 Calls to comcast and nothing. 

Silver Problem Solver

if its been working previously go to your box menu and go to set up and remote access set up and see if cancel service is shown there if it is, cancel the service and the try to re synch it.  If this does not work there is a comcast issue in your area

Regular Visitor

I tried this earlier, but i was getting error: no_flux when trying to re-activate.  went to try it again and noticed the web inteface mydvr was working again and the tv channel controls were back.

the android saw the "new" boxes too along with the dvr.

Thank you

Regular Visitor

I spoke too soon,  I see the cable boxes on the android and the web interface,  but when I test it or try to change the channel on any of the cable boxes, I get no response from the cable box

I'll wait until tomorrow, I think it must be a on going issue that is external and someone must be working on it.

New Poster

Went into the DVR setup, remote access, but cancel service was not an option. It just gave me a code and said it was trying to sync. It told me to access My DVR from the website or mobile app within the next 24 hours, which I tried to no avail. The website and mobile app are still doing the same thing they have been doing since the issue started. Very frustrated that this worked at one time but no longer works and nobody can figure it out.

Silver Problem Solver

you have a motorola box correct.

Regular Visitor

I do,  I have the motorola dcx3400-M  (Anyroom DVR) and a couple of dcx3200-m.

the next day, everything was back to normal, so something must have happened on the back-end.

Contributor

I'm going through a similar situation.  same messages on box and on computer.  I called customer service, we bumped the box a few times, then zapped it.  Was told higher tech level would call me back that afternoon...waited (gave them cell number)....nothing, so called next a.m. and went through a few bumps to the box, nothing changed--told me they knew tech was working and I would get a call soon.  Went out, call came throught from tech on home number, not cell number I gave them.....said theywere responding to my call and this was their first attempt to reach me.  They would try again.  NO MORE CALLS since.  Started on monday of this week, now its thursday---nothing has changed at cable box or computer in over two weeks of this. 

Recording works fine from cable box---no way to initiate from computer.  Also, can no longer change channels from computer.

I'm being patient.

Contributor

Saga continues.  No relief, the dvr manager is still syncing with my cable box and comcast calls me back on the number I asked them not to use.  I wish there was just a way to "reset" it and let me start over.  This is going on for two weeks now.  DVR Manager will not sync with my cable box.  I can record fine on the box, but no other access to the cable box online.

Frequent Visitor

Two weeks?  I've been having this for months.  I guess I was lucky that at least for one week my DVR showed up in DVR Manager, then it disappeared. When I go to setup, there is no cancel option, I just get the message saying "activation in progress" and go to DVR Manager to complete activation (of course, nothing changes when I do that).  I've tried rebooting and everyting else.  Considering I am paying almost $200 per month for all the services and boxes, this is really not acceptable. 

The million dollar question is simply:  How do we make it "activate" or "synch" (as the case may be)?

Silver Problem Solver

I assume you are in a motorola market as this service is only available there.  if you dont have the delete option in your guide menu for the service, make sure online you have your zipcode set for your actual zip code and you have not let the system poplulate that field with just an automatic field filled in.  If that does not work its something on comcasts end. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, the zip code and everything is set up.  As I mentioned, that Moto DVR was actually in the DVR Manager for a  week, then it disappeared.  My other DVR is listed in the DVR Manager, but that is not my primary DVR and is an older model wtih limited space.  So, I agree, the problem is on Comcast's end, but I don't have any resolution.

Silver Problem Solver

have you called in and asked to be escalated to someone who has that specialty?  the average rep cannot help you.  it is good news that at least one dvr works.  Try unplugging the one that is having the issue and then try to re-synch it.

Contributor

comcast has called me three times, each time on the number I asked them NOT to call.  So, still no resolution.

I worked at one time, but no longer.  All I do is try to sync. and then it even stops that message and I start over.

Contributor

Oh boy...I Googled "Comcast no_flux error" and it sent me to this forum page. Picked up a replacement Motorola DVR box earlier today and also trying to get it synced with online account. 

I'm currently on hold with a Comcast rep as I write this who can't seem to figure it out. I was first directed to the TV department, then directed to the Internet department, and then directed to the "Xfinity app department" (???).........

.......Ok, Comcast rep just came back on and said that my account is still syncing and that I need to wait another day for the box to fully sync. Strange. Guess I'll need to wait until this time tomorrow and try again. Hopefully I don't go through the hassle I'm reading many of you have gone through!

I'll keep everyone posted within next day... 

Frequent Visitor

thanks Gemini.  Mine has been "synching" a looooong time.  I guess I may unplug again, got nothing to lose.  Let us know what happens, although I think the issues are at Comcast and not much we can do ourselves to complete the sync/activation.

TG

Silver Problem Solver

it can take 3-4 days to synch.  If it does not work after that time check your guide and go to the interactive services if you dont see a delete option your not set up and make sure you have your right zip code in, make sure you have a motorola box and if none of that works call in and have them rebuild the codes on your acct.

Contributor

Well I decided to try it again and no error code. It now shows a website link for me to go to and enter a special code......problem is NOW when I go to the website link, it automatically redirects to my Xfinity home screen--not a screen where I can enter a code.

I googled THIS issue and see other people have had the same problem, but there's no clear resolution. Guess I'll need to call Comcast again to get my 2nd DVR working with the online service...

Cable Expert

The code is not needed, ignore it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

This is the same spot I have been in for the past two weeks.  The cable box tells me to go to the website and enter the code.

I got to the website, no place to enter code and it says that it is syncing.

There has to be an easy fix for this.........doesn't there?

Cable Expert

What did Comcast support say when you called it in?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Contributor

Update: Called Comcast tech support. The rep was unable to help and had to open an advanced support ticket. 

The rep was able to duplicate the problem on his end. He went to "www.comcast.net/mydvr/activation", and was directed to a blank page. He was stumped and said that another tech would hvae to call me back in a few days (not holding my breath). He suggested that maybe Comcast was having problems with the website, but it seems that many people are experiencing this issue around the net. 

I've tried two different computers and 3 different web browsers (IE, Chrome and FF). All same thing. Will update soon after have more info...

Contributor

@JayInAlg - So, if the setup code isn't necessary then how do I activate the 2nd DVR, if the Comcast rep couldn't even figure it out?

There has to be some connection with that link. I just went to "DVR Manager" in my online account, it only shows 1 DVR (that DOES work with the service). But not two DVR's, as it should. It makes sense that if I could somehow activate the 2nd DVR box with the online service, then the 2nd DVR would appear in my DVR list. But only one box is showing. 

Also, on my first DVR box that DOES work, if I go to Setup > Online Setup, it gives me the option to Cancel the online service for that box, or view Help screen. That in itself confirms that it IS setup properly. But going to the same setup screen on my 2nd box only directs me to go to that website link and enter a code. But I get no where.

Also keep in mind that the very first time I set up the online service with the first DVR, I went to the same link (8 months ago), and it did allow me to enter a code and it worked...

Silver Problem Solver

try unplugging the box that it doesnt work on and then plugging it back in to reset it, then try to re-sych

Contributor

I appreciate your reply and attempt to help, but the problem is directly with the Comcast website now. Not the DVR box. And I've unplugged the box twice already.

The DVR box is doing what it's supposed to now. It shows instructions on what I should do next (which is go to that website link on a regular PC and enter a code). Problem is the website is not working properly because it doesn't direct me anywhere to enter a code...

I've been through this process successfully once before. With the first box, AFTER I entered the 8 digit code THEN it began to sync. But I'm not even able to enter a code for the 2nd box to sync, so there's no way to "retry sync" without that first step having been completed...

Cable Expert

Since you have a ticket open with Comcast, then they will follow up.  If you don't hear anything from them by Monday, then post back and I can escalate it to the Comcast people available to the forum.

Again, I've never seen anyone having a location to put in the code, but I will share that across different Comcast market area's these systems are all not the same, so maybe in your area there was a spot to enter it.  It is most likely a code issue with your account and when Comcast support gets involved, they will get it working.  In some cases, it just starts to work after a week or so.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Contributor

@JayInAlg - Ok thanks. I do believe it's an "area thing". Frustrating. But I'll post back (hopefully with resolution--and I'll be sure to ask the rep if he can tell me exactly what was wrong so I can post back with better info)...

Contributor

One more thing - Here's another interesting comcast activation link that I found:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/mydvr/activation/

This page is different, and says "Ready to Activate Your DVR?" But again, there's no button or link anywhere to continue. I found a seperate thread from March 2011 mentioning the same issue here (no button appearing). 

Yes, it is a different link than what was shown on the DVR box, but seems like it would serve the same purpose.

There's a useless reply that says just refresh the page a bunch of times and the button will eventually appear, but getting no where with this method. And no one ever followed up on the thread...

Frequent Visitor

The message with the "code" (at least the message I get) doesn't actually say you need to enter the code anywhere. It simply says you need to log into MyDVR using comcast username and password to activate and synch the DVR. So, I agree you don't really need to enter a code, but obviously this does not work for us to synch.

In the past I had phone calls, chats and they even insisted on sending a tech to my house.

My situation adds more mystery, because after months of nothing, the DVR showed up in DVR Manager. It worked fine for about a week, then it was gone. So I know it snched once.

(why is there a cat avatar under my screen name?)

Silver Problem Solver

if you dont choose your own avatar one is auto assigned by the system

Contributor

Comcast said that it required another level of assistance from xfinity.  I have a ticket number, They have called 3 times to the wrong number, not the number I gave them.  So the ticket keeps getting completed and then reopened.

I now sit with a ticket number and no call backs that reach me directly and a DVR that is syncing day after day.

New Poster

We had this same problem yesterday, and fixed it ourselves,...earlier in the week my non-DVR cable boxes started flashing "dec" until I unplugged and replugged in the AC outlet. Did not realize my DVR mgr stopped until I needed it remotely. Called Xfinity/Comcast support and were useless, they had no clue. They put me into their Q, whatever that is. After I hung up, I unplugged and replugged the DVR box, and it started to recycle the DVR manager, 6 hours later everything was working, including the remote DVR. When I told Comcast I fixed it myself,Comcast now says they may have done some upgrade overnight during the week, but nobody there knows for sure !!!
Contributor

good news, it started working on its own thursday.  very slow, but can program recordings from the schedule now.

Contributor

Hey everybody sorry for the delay (hate it people don't follow up on posts lol). It's been almost two weeks since my last post here and still experiencing the issue. I called Comcast again this evening and the support tech was able to duplicate my issue. His final response? "I'm clueless. I have no information to give you, sorry!" And then he transferred me to the Xfinity app TV support department (877-599-1845 - apparently that's the only department that can assist specifically for this issue). This was after being transferred to two other departments who couldn't assist me.

Been on hold for 45 minutes now and growing very frustrated. The last Comcast rep said that he thinks it's a Comcast website issue, as everything appears ok with my account and DVR box, but I've found other posts with people having the same problem dating back to 2010. I'd be very surprised if Comcast has had a broken website for well over a year and doubt this is the case.

I'm in support limbo.

I'll post back once I talk to "Xfinity app support". I hope to resolve this issue and at least document what it took to resolve, as this has been very frustrating...

Contributor

Update:

Finally spoke to the "Xfinity App Support" department. The rep there was also clueless about the issue and said that he would need to open an escalated support ticket (CR266029429) for "internal technicians". He did also mentioned that he thought it was an issue with the Comcast website but couldn't find any information, and if the internal techs couldn't solve the issue then they'll escalate it further (???).

Sigh............I'll post back again in a few days once Comcast gets back to me (hopefully--I rarely get called back by Comcast reps)...

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, good luck with that.

I reported the same issues over a year ago.  A rep gets assigned, along with ticket.  A few steps are taken and the rep disappears. Rinse and repeat.

The app never worked on my Droid.  The online planner is always missing stations for my zip code when filtering for HD.  And I usually have errors when trying to plan recordings online. 

Ticket opens, rep contacts, takes a couple steps.  Disappears.  New rep with new ticket, asks same questions, takes a couple steps and disappears.  Over and over again ...for well over a year.  I gave up on these issues and accepted them while searching for alternatives ..It is no mystery that customer service is poor, at best. 

Best wishes ..

Official Employee

RemDawg/geminiman7/Thundergulch/rvalentino,

I am sorry that you have been having a poor customer service experience and that your DVR Manager is not working.

If you are still having issues, I can help you.

Please send the following information to info[at]xfinitytv[dot]com so we can further assist you. I usually ask customers to private message me but in this case, please e-mail me so I can help you all out as quickly as possible.

We ask you to e-mail us because we don't want you to release your private information in a public forum.

Your name on these forums:

Your comcast.net e-mail address or Comcast ID user name:

Account Number:

Zip code:

Make, model, and names of your set-top boxes (If only certain boxes, please specify):

Please also include a link to this post so we can accurately track your issue.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Waiting on this fix had my DVR 3400-m for a week and no tv control from my online account just says

TV Control is not activated for this account  DVR part works fine from internet.. have tryed All the tricks. but no joy Can't stay on phone all day and nite

Regular Visitor

Joe,

I'm having the same problem and will send an email as directed.

Thanks,
Brian
New Poster

Has a fix been found for this issue? I just upgraded to Anyroom DVR service and now cannot use the MyDVR Manager either. It was working fine with my old DVR but not with the new one.

Official Employee

Manny415 wrote:

Has a fix been found for this issue? I just upgraded to Anyroom DVR service and now cannot use the MyDVR Manager either. It was working fine with my old DVR but not with the new one.

How long has it been since you updated to AnyRoom DVR? It can take some time before the system fully syncs.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I did the upgrade on Saturday, it is now Tuesday and still no-joy. I am able to set some recordings directly on the set-top box, but for some of the shows I want to record the onscreen guide shows "To be announced" in the timeslot for when I know the show is on. Keep in mind, it does not display that message for all timeslots, just some, so I know it's not an issue with the guide not being fully updated.

Official Employee

Manny415 wrote:

I did the upgrade on Saturday, it is now Tuesday and still no-joy. I am able to set some recordings directly on the set-top box, but for some of the shows I want to record the onscreen guide shows "To be announced" in the timeslot for when I know the show is on. Keep in mind, it does not display that message for all timeslots, just some, so I know it's not an issue with the guide not being fully updated.

A ticket was opened for you yesterday and someone will reach out to you shortly.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am having the same problems.  I just changed from FIOS to Comcast last week and myDVR manager from the website has never finished synchronizing with my Motorola MOR200BN Anyroom DVR.  Also on my IPAD application, the DVR manager says there are no recording for the next 14 days and the DVR is 100% full.  It has recordings scheduled and is only 2% full.

Official Employee

dc17050 wrote:

I am having the same problems.  I just changed from FIOS to Comcast last week and myDVR manager from the website has never finished synchronizing with my Motorola MOR200BN Anyroom DVR.  Also on my IPAD application, the DVR manager says there are no recording for the next 14 days and the DVR is 100% full.  It has recordings scheduled and is only 2% full.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I switched to Xfinity last Saturday from FiOS, and also have the never ending Syncing in Progress message at the DVR Manager website.  I have the MOTOROLA MOR200BNR DVR.  I have rebooted the box many times and waited for 3-4 days....still nothing.  ComcastJoe...is there anything you can do to help with this issue?

Official Employee

windsor1027 wrote:

I switched to Xfinity last Saturday from FiOS, and also have the never ending Syncing in Progress message at the DVR Manager website.  I have the MOTOROLA MOR200BNR DVR.  I have rebooted the box many times and waited for 3-4 days....still nothing.  ComcastJoe...is there anything you can do to help with this issue?

Please private message me your account number so I can further look into this for you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

PM Sent.  Thank you.

Official Employee

windsor1027 wrote:

PM Sent.  Thank you.

Thank you for your PM.

Our team is looking into your issue now. Someone will contact via phone within the next 72 hours. If they do not reach you, they will leave a message so please check your messages.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.