Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager in Houston

Regular Visitor

DVR Manager in Houston

I've been waiting forever for DVR manager to become available in my area of Houston. Finally, when I do the check, it says "DVR Manager is available in your area."     However. it also says, "we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."  When I call support, they tell me that the box I have (RNG200) is not compatible with DVR manager and there are no units available in Houston that are compatible.

What's the story?

Cable Expert

Re: DVR Manager in Houston

The message is false and does happen to some subscribers, it is not yet available to the public on any Scientific Atlanta / Cisco system.  It is being tested by employees in a few select area's.

You will get a email from Comcast when it is truely available to you.

No SA / Cisco area's have it fully deployed yet.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Anyone from Comcast/Xfinity in Houston care to chime in with some dates?
Silver Problem Solver

going to be a while, your not missing much.  When are you away from your house and say oh that looks like a show I would like to record let me whip out my phone and record it.  Odds are its on demand anyway and for shows you watch regulary you already have a series set up.

Regular Visitor

(Sigh...) I guess that's what happens when you live in a small, backwater community of 4,000,000 people.

I guess all the links that compare Xfinity to other services really mean, 'Xfinity will beat these other services sometime in the future, but don't hold your breath.'

Regular Visitor

Comcast is planning  a mid 2012 guide update that will support MyDVR manager in the SA/Cisco markets.

Comcast's Ted Hodgins, Sr. Director, Video Product Development - Navigation, in Media & Entertainment, "New Guide for Scientific Atlanta Cable Boxes" blog will provide specific information about schedule dates for each area when it is close to being deployed:

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html

Regular Visitor

I already have the new guide...

Regular Visitor

The new guide that Houston got last March 2011 does not support myDVR manager.  Even the software patch that Houston got last October 2011 does not support myDVR manager.  The scheduled mid 2012 guide update will support myDVR manager.

Contributor

Well, if we dont have this option, we should have a discount on our monthly charge until we do!!!!