New to the Community? Start here.
I have 2 DVR boxes. 1 of them quit working and I exchanged it the other day.
The replacement DVR box doesn't show up in my DVR manager. My old box (that quit working) showed up just fine (for the past year).
I called CC and kept getting the runaround (first to TV, then to internet folks - neither would help). Finally, the lady I was talking to said that there was going to be a charge for "fixing" my app!!! At that point I said, no thanks, and hung up.
What the he** is wrong with CC? I tried to explain that my app was working perfectly, and that the problem had to be with the CC system.
Has anyone else had this problem? If so, were you able to get it resolved (without a charge)?
First of does the dvr box and the manager work on the tv?
Have you setup the box to work with the dvr manager if not try setting the box up?
Is your box compatiable to work with the dvr manager?
1. If your dvr manager is setup correctly to manage recordings you can do this online and using various devices.
2. You will need to setup your dvr to manage your recordings to do this folloow the steps;
1. On the top of this page click on watch tv
2. On the right hand side click on sign in
3. Type username and password
4. On the bottom of the page on the right hand side you will see a gear click on that.
5.Under device settings click on manage devices and dvr.
Follow the reamain steps and see if that helps
3. Activate the box is ok but you still need to setup for the dvr manager.
4. What is the make and model of the box.
Yes, I can read. I fully realize that the system says it is not recognizing the replacement box.
My question is - Why not?
As I stated in my earlier posts, I told the nice lady at the CC center that I wanted a box that was "just like the one that I turned in". I even asked her if the replacement was functionally equivalent to the one I turned in.
Apparently it is not.
I guess you people at CC have trouble understanding the English language.
Aside from the tone of reasd's post, he is not a CC employee.