Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager can't find my devices

New Poster

DVR Manager can't find my devices

I've been trying for a week to configure my DVR and it never works. Telephone support tries to brush me off without even finding out any tech details of what I have or why its not works. Then they keep disconnecting me.  I have a compatible device and am in a covered service area. Cisco RNG200

Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: DVR Manager can't find my devices

Same problem.  Tech support has esculated me twice.  I now have two ticket numbers.  We have Fios in our building.  Might be time to change.

Official Employee

Grabowski4777 wrote:

I've been trying for a week to configure my DVR and it never works. Telephone support tries to brush me off without even finding out any tech details of what I have or why its not works. Then they keep disconnecting me.  I have a compatible device and am in a covered service area. Cisco RNG200

Our team is looking into your issue. Someone will contact you via phone within the next 72 hours. If you are not home when we call, we will leave a message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Contributor

Someone from Comcast called me this morning.  I had to unplug my DVR's for 30 seconds, and now wait 6 hours for the DVR's to reset.  Someone will call me again tomorrow.

The DVR's work correctly on Google Chrome.

Contributor

Comcast called me this morning.  Then I got DISCONNECTED after the second ring.  Whas that an unfortunate maloccurance or an itentional hang-up?  If it was s disconnect, then why would Comcast not call me right back?

I called technical support.  They did not have my ticket number for some dumb reason.

Let's please keep a log here of anymore hangups from comcast.

There has been no progress with my IE recognizing my DVR's.  The unplugging the DVR's then waiting six hours, was nothing more that a stall scam in my opinion.

Thank goodness the Google Chrome works.

Official Employee

LarryG11 wrote:

Comcast called me this morning.  Then I got DISCONNECTED after the second ring.  Whas that an unfortunate maloccurance or an itentional hang-up?  If it was s disconnect, then why would Comcast not call me right back?

I called technical support.  They did not have my ticket number for some dumb reason.

Let's please keep a log here of anymore hangups from comcast.

There has been no progress with my IE recognizing my DVR's.  The unplugging the DVR's then waiting six hours, was nothing more that a stall scam in my opinion.

Thank goodness the Google Chrome works.

I did not know until your last post that this issue was IE specific.

It is strange that one browser recognizes it and not another. Have you try uninstalling IE and reinstalling it?There may be something in IE that is conflicting with the website.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Joe.  I'm not sure I have the technical knowhow to uninstall both 64 bit and 32 bit versions of IE.  This appears to me to be a "blind meat ax" approach that won't solve the problem.

The problem occured in IE at the same time that Comcast changed the format for its TV Listings.  Therefore, wouldn't the problem be with, not IE, but with Comcast's TV Listings new design?

Official Employee

LarryG11 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Joe.  I'm not sure I have the technical knowhow to uninstall both 64 bit and 32 bit versions of IE.  This appears to me to be a "blind meat ax" approach that won't solve the problem.

The problem occured in IE at the same time that Comcast changed the format for its TV Listings.  Therefore, wouldn't the problem be with, not IE, but with Comcast's TV Listings new design?

Go here for further instructions.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

The IE would not install because my version is newer than the one they wanted to install.

Official Employee

LarryG11 wrote:

The IE would not install because my version is newer than the one they wanted to install.

You have to uninstall IE first. There are instructions on the link I provided in my last post.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Still no success.  I uninstalled IE9.  When restarted, IE 8 was installed.  I then went back to install IE9.  About half way through the isnstilation, I got an error message, "Internet Explorer did not finish installing.  It then gave me a link to IE troubleshooting.  I did not understand this information in the trouble shooting section.

Any other ideas?

Contributor

So now I have IE8 on my laptop

DVR devices still don't work in IE9

IE9 did not finish installing.

DVR devices still work in Goolge Chrome.

Why did IE9 not finish installing?

Contributor

I was able to eventually install IE9 after Windows did an automatic update.  Still, the DVR's don't workon IE9

Contributor

So now, after all this, I'm back to square one... except that I can now use Google Chrome.

Contributor

I found a way. 

I can open TV Listings in IE9.  If I see a program I want to record in my bedroom DVR, and when I click on record, then try to change to the Bedroom DVR instead of the listed Livingroom DVR, in the Schedule a Recording box, it won't work.  But if close the Schedule a Recording box, Then reopen the Schedule a Recording box, this time it will be set for the Bedroom DVR instead of the Livingroom DVR.  Then it will record at my intended place.  I'm happy.

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation