New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager available but no eligible dvd

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager available but no eligible dvd

This is the message I'm getting: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household. - I just got the Cisco RNG200N in order to take advantage of this feature, but no one in the customer service knew how to address the situation, they don't even know what I'm talking about, and keep transfering me to other departments without success. I had a technician this morning to install the phone line, even him had no idea what DVR Manager was... I guess comcast has to train their employee better, and keep them updated with the products they offer.

Is there anything I can do to make sure comcast detects my compatible DVR?

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: DVR Manager available but no eligible dvd

cavalcanti wrote:

This is the message I'm getting: DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household. - I just got the Cisco RNG200N in order to take advantage of this feature, but no one in the customer service knew how to address the situation, they don't even know what I'm talking about, and keep transfering me to other departments without success. I had a technician this morning to install the phone line, even him had no idea what DVR Manager was... I guess comcast has to train their employee better, and keep them updated with the products they offer.

Thank you

Your area is scheduled for a required software and firmware update that will automatically activate the DVR Manager feature.

We are finishing up some activation testing in your area which can create a false-positive message from our website like the one you posted.

Shouldn't be long now for your area of Florida. Thanks for your patience.

More details in this thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

View answer in context
Official Employee

cavalcanti wrote:

Thank you

Your area is scheduled for a required software and firmware update that will automatically activate the DVR Manager feature.

We are finishing up some activation testing in your area which can create a false-positive message from our website like the one you posted.

Shouldn't be long now for your area of Florida. Thanks for your patience.

More details in this thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-and-Equipment/New-Features-for-Scientific-Atlanta-Cisco-Cable...

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

How will I know when it'll be available? btw, my zip code is 33186 - thank you for your fast response

Official Employee

cavalcanti wrote:

How will I know when it'll be available? btw, my zip code is 33186 - thank you for your fast response

We post updates at the link I posted above, it should be in the next 45 days.

Thanks for your patience and apologies that you did not get the correct answers earlier.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I have ben having the same problem at zip code 33486.

I have been told by different Comcast customer service reps that:

* the service is available but there is a problem on 'our' (comcast) server with your address
* the service is almost available, soon
* you need to hook your RNG200N to your modem with an ethernet cable
* the RNG200N is not compatible with the dvr manager

Geez, does anyone at Comcast know what they are doing?? HELP!!
New Poster

please see my posting on this thread - thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation