Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,807,342

members

4

online now

1,953,179

discussions

Top

DVR Manager and Xfinity TV Premiums not working

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager and Xfinity TV Premiums not working

Using a Motorola RNG200N which according to THIS LINK is compatible with the DVR Manager. When I go into my account and try to set the DVR Manager up it tells me that "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." The equipment is showing in my account equipment screen as well.

 

Also:

 

When I try and access the premium channels i subscribe to on Xfinity TV I am getting the orange lock and a message stating that a subscription is required. The channels are working just fine on my TV.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager and Xfinity TV Premiums not working


Cstraf1 wrote:

Using a Motorola RNG200N which according to THIS LINK is compatible with the DVR Manager. When I go into my account and try to set the DVR Manager up it tells me that "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household." The equipment is showing in my account equipment screen as well.

 

Also:

 

When I try and access the premium channels i subscribe to on Xfinity TV I am getting the orange lock and a message stating that a subscription is required. The channels are working just fine on my TV.


Do you have a new account? I ask because it can take 24-48 hours for your account to fully sync.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager and Xfinity TV Premiums not working

Installation was on the 23rd (today is the 26th) HBO worked online on the 24th, then I *added* Starz and it stopped working. My account shows when I go in and try and add Premium channels that both are already on the account, and yes this both work on the box, just not online.

 

The DVR Manager function still isnt registering though and nothing has been changed in regards to that equipment on the account since set up.

I called in for phone support but sat in queue for 10 minutes. Then the person I spoke to in the Internet dept sounded like she really didnt know what to do, and didnt speak English well so every time I said it still wasn't working she would say she was glad we fixed it. When I brought up the online DVR Manager she "transferred me to video" which entailed her putting me back into the IVR. At which point I was just fed up and hung up.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager and Xfinity TV Premiums not working

Still no go... I may call them in the morning since there doesnt seem to be much I can do here. Only waiting because the Convergys reps dont seem to give a rats patoot whether you get helped or not... and almost every one I speak to English is a second language for them so they never understand me.

Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager and Xfinity TV Premiums not working


Cstraf1 wrote:

Still no go... I may call them in the morning since there doesnt seem to be much I can do here. Only waiting because the Convergys reps dont seem to give a rats patoot whether you get helped or not... and almost every one I speak to English is a second language for them so they never understand me.


About your orange key issue, our team tried calling you on 10/29 and could not leave a message because your voicemail was full.

 

Are you still having this problem?

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager and Xfinity TV Premiums not working

My voicemail is definitely NOT full, nor has it been. The number is new (and yes the voicemail works) so almost no one even HAS the number yet to fill it up.

 

To answer your question, the issue has not been resolved. I spoke to customer service a couple of times, and no one could figure out whats going on. They said a ticket was being put in, but it has been over the 72 hour time they quoted so I am about to call back to get an update.

 

I have figured out that its NOT just the premium content being affected tho. Its all NON basic service channels. TNT, CNN, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, etc just to name a few. Channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox work fine.

Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager and Xfinity TV Premiums not working


Cstraf1 wrote:

My voicemail is definitely NOT full, nor has it been. The number is new (and yes the voicemail works) so almost no one even HAS the number yet to fill it up.

 

To answer your question, the issue has not been resolved. I spoke to customer service a couple of times, and no one could figure out whats going on. They said a ticket was being put in, but it has been over the 72 hour time they quoted so I am about to call back to get an update.

 

I have figured out that its NOT just the premium content being affected tho. Its all NON basic service channels. TNT, CNN, Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, etc just to name a few. Channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox work fine.


Just so we are on the same page, can you direct message me the phone number that you would like us to call? Once I get this, I will re-open your ticket.

 

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 960 views
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation