Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager Support

Contributor

DVR Manager Support

Who supports DVR Manager?  The Cable group transfer me to the Internet group and the Internet group transfer me to the Cable group.  The only thing everybody is sure of is that it's not the Phone group.

I am trying to deactivate the service because it doesn't work properly.  I have deactivated it from the Remote Access menu on the DVR dozens of times over the past year.  A couple days after I deactivate it I notice that my recording schedule is not as I set it, and when I check DVR Manager I find that it has reactivated itself.  So I deactivate it again and reset my recording schedule, and I'm good for a few days.

Is there anywhere I can get help with this?

Thanks,

Ron

Silver Problem Solver

Re: DVR Manager Support

dvr manager lets you record shows from a mobile device that is all.  even if its activated you don't have to use it and it does not or should not affect anyting you have set to record.  your recordings you set on your cable box should not be affected by dvr manager.  If you dont use it it should just be sitting there. 

What exactly is your issue, you really don't say in your post.

Official Employee

Re: DVR Manager Support

Rabelais wrote:

Who supports DVR Manager?  The Cable group transfer me to the Internet group and the Internet group transfer me to the Cable group.  The only thing everybody is sure of is that it's not the Phone group.

I am trying to deactivate the service because it doesn't work properly.  I have deactivated it from the Remote Access menu on the DVR dozens of times over the past year.  A couple days after I deactivate it I notice that my recording schedule is not as I set it, and when I check DVR Manager I find that it has reactivated itself.  So I deactivate it again and reset my recording schedule, and I'm good for a few days.

Is there anywhere I can get help with this?

Thanks,

Ron

So you go here and it is set to TV Control to off but every couple days it automatically turns back on?

When you say it doesn't work properly, what was happening before that didn't allow this feature to work?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation