Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager Shows no eligible boxes (Cisco RNG200N)

New Poster

DVR Manager Shows no eligible boxes (Cisco RNG200N)

I have a Cisco RNG200N DVR in zip code 18704 and when I try to access the DVR Manger it prompts me to check availability.  When I enter the zip code I receive a message stating:

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are 
unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

However, checking this site of compatible DVR's indicates that my DVR is in fact compatible:

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/eligible-cable-boxes-cable-tv-app

The people that I've called to talk to decide to transfer me from the Cable TV to the Internet support departments alternatively until eventually disconnecting me while transferring.  Based on their questions they have no idea what I am talking about (repeatedly asking if I have a picture despite my reiterating that the cable box works fine with DVR, On Demand, and all channels but is only inaccessible through the website and mobile apps) and they should really be trained to handle questions of this nature if the functionality is available.  That's a separate issue though, I just want to control the DVR remotely.  Can anyone explain why this is happening?

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager Shows no eligible boxes (Cisco RNG200N)

I was told the reason I was seeing that the DVR Manager is available in my area is that they are Beta testing the X1 platform in my area & that the DVR Manager is not available otherwise.

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager Shows no eligible boxes (Cisco RNG200N)

Are you in the same zip code?  Did you hear that from a comcast employee at a call center?  They don't know what they are talking about, I am waiting on one of the comcast employees here to answer - they appear to be the only ones with any knowledge in the organization.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation