Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager/Router NOT recognizing DVR

Frequent Visitor

DVR Manager/Router NOT recognizing DVR

As I have reported by phone without receiving help, the problem I am having I cannot record a show online for my DVR, and even when I go to the DVR Manager page it initially comes up ok but then  I am forced to a page with the following error message

"DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

I called this in Saturday night and they said it would be fixed since its a web page issue (vs not a DVR problem since it is recording and playing back fine in my home).  However again this evening I tried again to record a tv program from the Comcast channel selection page.

Any thoughts on how to get this problem solved?

Regular Contributor

Re: DVR Manager/Router NOT recognizing DVR

Happening here. Same thing about a week ago.

Regular Visitor

Same exact issue here. The Xfinity TV Remote Android app reports the following error message: "Sorry, we are unable to find any cable boxes eligible for TV control."

I know for a fact that this device has previously been capable of being controlled via both the mobile app and via the TV guide on the Xfinity web page, because I would always annoy my wife by switching channels from another room while she was watching a program. Smiley Happy

Does anyone have any resolution? 

Regular Contributor

Mine has started to come back. A show I had set to record this afternoon never recorded. Same thing happened last night. System getting flaky

Frequent Visitor

Add me to the list.  I can usually get my recordings up by refreshing the page a few times.

Frequent Visitor

A quick update for those that replied above with similar or identical issues -- I just tried to record again from the Comcast tv guide and getting the same message ala "no compatible DVR detected... etc". 

Also over the weekend I asked a Comcast tech that was on another job if he had ever heard of this problem and he had not.  The only thing he could think for me to do was to unplug/reset both the router and the dvr box and see if that would be the fix  -- bu tno, the problem still remains the same:  All triple play pieces are working except unable to record from the comcast web page.

Let me know any of you have any other ideas .... TGH

Service Expert
Moved:

Duplicate Topic Removed. Your other Topic is in the correct forum.

Frequent Visitor

I am replying to an email alert that a response was posted that Iread earlier this am (from "Mr Kludge"?) but now not found  -- what is going on with this supposedly helpful support forum>

Frequent Visitor

Some helpful geek moved it (actally deleted it) since it was redundunt and not in the correct place. Whatever. Look for my post in Online DVR Manager Not Working under service and equipment.

My fix was short lived. Earlier today I got system errors saying my list was not avalable and to try later. Then things came back up with my DVR that is affected renamed to DVR 1 and it sorta synced. Everything got updated with the exception of 12 Monkeys and The Strain. The exact two series recordings that I have had issues with for over a year. And of course new recordings were not showing up and as I wateched and deleted it did not update either.

I can only assume that since I have a support call in to Comtastic that someone ordered up a complete resync of my DVR. What is odd is in some ways it acted as a backup and not a resync. Either that of I caused a system error by all the manipulation I was doing to the box from work remotley. Anyhow to make a long story short I reformated again and deleted everyting off from My DVR since it still wasnt syncing and now it seems back to normal like it has been for the past couple days. At least series and reordings ordered up via. remote or web are getting synced back and forth, series priority list is correct and new recordings are showing up (for now). I haven't tested the IOS app yet other than verifying that it is correct also. Haven't ordered up any recordings or series from it yet. Once the guide populates I will try the next few from it.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info and update Mr Kludge -- I am not going to go the reformat route since the online DVR Mgr is not that critical but seems like another reason why Comcast's reliability keeps on lacking  - or maybe they are trying to force everyone over to the new hardware at a higher price.  At least the key high speed internet is pretty reliable  ...

Frequent Visitor

A quick update with positive news for those with a similar problem:  I finally got a response from the "advance repair team" aka Tier II support with a solution to the problem.  First the tech rep did what he called a complete reset (possibly called a "complete emit reset") from his location and then had me do a simple shutdown of the DVR to clear out the memory of my previous location before I moved in late April.

After leaving the DVR off for at least one minute and then waiting an hour after it was plugged back in, I went to the Comcast DVR Manager or TV Guide page and selected the "gear" icon in the very far right and at the bottom of the web page -- my "DVR1" then appeared as the selected DVR -- previously there was nothing showing.

So the bottom line is push to get to the advance repair team for the web when you call support -- and they should be able to come up with what should have been a simple solution even the front line tech support folks should have been able to fix when I first called in with the problem.

One last note -- to be clear a simple reboot of the router and the DVR is not all that is needed  -- the Tier II tech guy has to do the special 'hard" reset or whatever they call it.  Good luck  ..