Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager Not Working

New Poster

DVR Manager Not Working

My DVR Manager is not working and I get the error message, "DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household."

I have had the same DVR and the same service for over a year.  The issue started when I moved from one location to another on 10/28/2012.  Once the service was transferred on 10/28/2012, the internet, tv, and phone work, but the DVR Manger no longer works.  There is nothing wrong with the equipment, a service technician has been at my house twice now.

One of the main reasons I have gone with Comcast over satellite is that I can program the DVR at work.

I have had a pending ticket with Comcast for 5 days now.  I have talked to people on the phone about 40 times (literally), but they don't provide any solutions, and while nice, they are not the technical people and they are not able to explain what efforts are being taken to resolve the issue.  I have been told to wait by the phone for technicians to call me at specified times, and then they never call.  I sit by the phone, they tell me they call, but there are no missed calls, they don't leave a voicemail, and the phone never rings.  If this doesn't get resolved soon, I am going to switch to satellite.  The customer service has been that frustrating.

Does anyone have any ideas?

New Poster

Re: DVR Manager Not Working

Also this is my DVR Make and Model:

Make & Model: MOTOROLA DCX3400MR

And, by the way, I am up this late because the customer service promised to call me 6 hours after the reset of my DVR settings at this time to see if it worked.  Even though it is unreasonable to stay up this late to fix cable TV, I agreed to do it becuase I was just desperately and naively hoping this might actually get it done. Anyways, any help that anyone can provide is much appreciated!

New Poster

One last item, I am also not able to watch Showtime/HBO etc. online at all (it says I am not a subscriber, although I pay for all three of these)....I am basically at my wits' end.

New Poster

Im having the same issues....they scheduled a service tech to come next saturday...hasnt worked in 4 days..
Official Employee

taylordavis7196,

Our team has tried calling you and have left voice messages? Have you received these?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

No I haven't received one phone call.  Tell them to call my cell phone and I have not received a voicemail either.  I even called this morning to see if they could expedite the service call and they told me no because they are booked. 

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation