Contributor

DVR Manager Not Synching

CR: 352119289

Cable Box: MOTOROLA DCT6412

Description of problem:

DVR Manager is not synching with a newly installed replacement

DVR DVR Manager worked on the old box before it died

Both the online version and the iPhone version of the DVR Manager do not work

It stays in Synching or delivers an error message 'DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.'

Installation of the box was on Saturday 1/18

I performed the setup and received the new remote access code for the box

There is nowhere to input that code

The website appears to still be storing data for the old box (as told to me by a CSR)

They have performed work on two or three phone calls and call backs with no resolution to the problem

Please somebody who knows what they are doing look into it and fix this problem.

I am private messaging ComcastJoe as outlined in the FAQ.

Frequent Visitor

Re: DVR Manager Not Synching

I'm having the same issue on my Motorola DVR RNG200N. I installed an activated the box yesterday, now MyDVR won't recognize it online or though my apps.

It gives me the following message:

DVR Manager is available in your area. However, we are unable to detect a compatible DVR in your household.

This is most frustrating. My old DCX3400 worked without issue.

Contributor

A few more calls, some work by Tier 2 techs and another power cycle. 48 hours later and it is still synching. This box was installed on the 18th. This is getting seriously ridiculous. The old box worked fine with the DVR Manager and the iPhone app. This has to be some sort of provisioning error or the system has no idea how to detect when equipment has been changed. Even if somebody has to manually drop old data and push software or configurations to the box, it shouldn't take this long. Again, can somebody please do something about this? You can start crediting the account pretty soon.

New Poster

I have the same issue with my DCX3400M since 1/18.

Custerm service always forward me around, ask for escalation, they either put me on hold indefinitely or hangup. The worst custom services I ever encourted.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation