Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

DVR Manager Naples FL

New Poster

DVR Manager Naples FL

Can anyone tell me whether DVR Manager is available in Naples, FL.  I have received conflicting info from the Xfinity website (which tells me it is available, but my device in not compatible) and several Comcast telephone reps.  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Re: DVR Manager Naples FL

I have same exact issue. After multiple calls with Comcast reps, I was mysteriously (I wasn't aware a new DVR was being sent to me) sent a Cisco RNG200N DVR and an email telling me that it would solve this problem. I haven't installed it yet because I can't tell from other forum posts whether or not this will solve the problem....which is to use DVR Manager from my PC to control the DVR. Anyone know if I will be able to use DVR manager if I install this new DVR? Thanks.
Official Employee

For our Comcast areas in Florida where we use Cisco and Scientific-Atlanta branded cable boxes, the DVR Manager feature is not yet active (except for the Panama City, FL area).

Apologies for the delay. We currently expect to have this feature added to the remainder of our Florida locations in early 2014. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Teds...I appreciate your reply, thank you. However I remain very confused. Why would Comcast send me a Cisco DVR to replace my SA DVR if DVR Manager is not available? The inability to use DVR Manager is the only reason I contacted Comcast. Thank you.

Part 2....You mention Cisco & SA DVR's, is there another brand of DVR that does work with DVR Manager in our area of Florida?
Official Employee

stuyoung wrote:
Teds...I appreciate your reply, thank you. However I remain very confused. Why would Comcast send me a Cisco DVR to replace my SA DVR if DVR Manager is not available? The inability to use DVR Manager is the only reason I contacted Comcast. Thank you.

Part 2....You mention Cisco & SA DVR's, is there another brand of DVR that does work with DVR Manager in our area of Florida?

Apologies.

Our team certainly made an error when they sent you that Cisco RNG DVR thinking it would work with DVR Manager in your area of Florida, I have followed up directly with that team so that they can again review their processes.

In other areas of Florida, we use Motorola-branded cable boxes where the DVR Manager feature has been working for some time.

You are not able to use a Cisco-SA branded DVR in a Motorola area and vice-versa. Thanks for your patience

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Is Stuart fl set up for DVR mgr yet, have a rng200' tried to get answer from tech support many times, no luck
Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem. I am in Florida also  They sent me a new DVR which turned out to be exacty the same one I have now.  The one they sent you is the same.  It does not work.

I have spent countless hours on the phone with these people and have gotten nowhere.  I had to send the DVR back since they don't seem to have a COMPATIBLE DVR or that is where we are right now.   This is one very annoyed  and disgruntled customer.

Frequent Visitor

Well Teds, can you tell me if that is what I need in Port St Lucie, FLorida since nothing else is working and the poor techs are unable to give me an answer as to what will work.

Frequent Visitor

You wil not have any luck. As I have tried and tried again  They really do not have an answer for us.  They try to figure it out but can't.  I guess they are not given the information to pass on to us so they are at a loss also.